Associate Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer
The Associate Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer (AVPCMO) is the senior executive responsible for brand, marketing, and communications for Loyola University Maryland. The AVPCMO will drive the overall strategy, vision, and direction of the Loyola brand, lead university marketing and communications efforts, manage Loyola's reputation and deliver consistent messaging in support of the university's mission, brand, strategic goals, and objectives.
The AVPCMO will lead and manage a central marketing and communications department and contractors, as needed, who advise and support academic, enrollment, advancement (alumni and development), and other institutional priorities. The department's functions include branding, strategic marketing, media and public relations, enrollment marketing, content marketing, design services, internal communications, reputation and issues management, digital and social media strategies, and web development and design. The AVPCMO works collaboratively with all Loyola entities to fully integrate marketing and communications efforts.
• Oversee development, adoption, alignment and growth of Loyola's brand strategies, architecture and positioning to achieve significant positive marketplace impact in areas of academic reputation, student recruitment, and fundraising
• Provide strategic vision, leadership and management of the University's marketing and communications activities
• Serve as a member of the President's Cabinet and engage regularly with key stakeholders across the University, including the President, senior administrators, key enrollment and fundraising managers, division personnel, academic deans, faculty members and others to increase brand differentiation and execute effective programs to advance University priorities.
• Ensure that marketing and communications programs and activities are consistent with Loyola's identity as a Jesuit Catholic University and its mission to educate students of diverse backgrounds.
• Direct the day-to-day activities of strategic marketing, digital marketing, media and public relations, internal and external communications, social media, web design and development, creative services, video production, and more.
• Lead and serve on cross-functional teams for University initiatives to represent and advocate for a communication perspective to be factored into decision-making.
• Develop and maintain intentional outreach and relations with targeted external constituents, including but not limited to the media.
• Utilize marketing research and analysis in identifying new marketing opportunities and assessing the effectiveness of existing strategies.
• Manage a $1.2M+ budget
• Supervise the offices of marketing operations, university communications, web development and design, and strategic marketing, including a total of twenty staff members.
- Office of Marketing Operations is responsible for developing and managing the marketing and communications projects, integrating a variety of strategies and tactics including institutional branding, storytelling, graphic design, advertising, and environmental design with effective content management to promote, inform, and entertain Loyola's many and diverse constituencies; and upholding creative excellence so as to continually add value to the Loyola brand and project the institutional mission.
- Office of University Communications is responsible for planning and implementing communications strategies to support the College's image, enrollment and advancement goals throughout both internal and external constituencies. These strategies include but are not limited to media relations activities, content development, internal communications, Presidential messaging, special events, and the publication of the alumni magazine.
- Office of Strategic Marketing works in collaboration with key stakeholders across the university to create measurable multi-channel marketing communication solutions to achieve goals for brand awareness, recruitment and fundraising for Loyola College of Arts and Sciences, School of Education, and Sellinger School of Business and Management.
- Office of Web Development and Design is responsible for development and support of University's web site (Sitecore CMS) including conceptualization, gathering functional requirements, providing design direction and execution of advanced websites, which includes top level recruitment and advancement sites, more than 170 department and event websites, email marketing and landing page strategies; and more than 300 content owners across the university.
• Minimum of ten to fifteen years of increasingly responsible experience in marketing and/or public relations, with demonstrated success in achieving prescribed goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to create, implement and prioritize short-and-long-term plans and projects.
• Ability to recruit, motivate and retain a strong, creative team.
• Relationship-building skills, organizational savvy and ability to relate to and collaborate with others.
• Results-oriented; maintaining a proactive sense of urgency and persistence despite obstacles and setbacks.
• Exceptional oral, written and analytic skills.
• Commitment to excellence in his/her own work performance and in that of others within the team; unwavering attention-to-detail when evaluating work output of the team.
• Strong decision-making skills including systematically gathering relevant information; considering a broad range of issues or factors; understanding complex relationships among problems or issues; seeking input from others; using logic in analysis; and generating creative solutions and recommendations.
Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree and previous experience in higher education marketing and communications.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Executive Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Executive Directors Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore