Accounting Clerk A
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Accounting Clerk A position. The Accounting Clerk A performs a wide variety of accounting functions within the College's Controller's department. These functions include contracted billing; analyzing and recording financial transactions such as preparing and posting journal entries and cash receipts to the general ledger; processing accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions. Other responsibilities include collections; processing third party and contract payments, refunds, and bills.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• An Associate's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related discipline with two (2) years of accounting/accounts receivable work experience; or a high school diploma or GED equivalent with six (6) years of accounting/accounts receivable work experience is required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Experience in a computerized accounts receivable environment that uses an enterprise-wide system required.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Ability to perform job duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision required.
• Effective communication and organizational skills required.
• Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy required.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders (e.g., students, parents, faculty, and community partners) via telephone and email required.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively with rapidly changing priorities required.
• Ability to work well independently or as a member of a team required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic background required.
• Experience with Ellucian Banner preferred.
• Previous experience using Tableau, Argos, or a similar reporting tool preferred.