Assistant Professor of Biology
University Mission Statement:
University of the Southwest is a Christ-centered educational community dedicated to developing men and women for a lifetime of servant leadership by emphasizing individual faith, responsibility, and initiative.
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time faculty position in the Biology department. A full-time, residential faculty member in CAS supports and advances the University’s mission by providing expertise and experience in the fields of biology and related sciences as well as promoting the academic achievement and personal development of students. The courses in biology and related sciences are offered in both online and face-to-face formats to students working toward fulfilling core requirements or earning a degree in Biology.
- Teach 24 semester credit hours each academic year (both online and face-to-face).
- Must be able to teach a variety of classes within the sciences (including, but not limited to, Biology, Chemistry, some health sciences and/or environmental sciences).
- Follow through with all directives handed down by the Dean.
- Meet/facilitate all scheduled classes/courses.
- Fulfill all obligations set forth by the Faculty Handbook and Faculty Expectations policy.
- Attend departmental, college, and university meetings.
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Carry out all duties with professionalism and cordiality.
- Ensure ADA compliance within classes assigned.
Education Experience and Skills Required:
- Master’s required (in Biology).
Apply for Assistant Professor of Biology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly