Senior Business Operations Associate
The Center for Comparative Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a competent, detail-oriented and highly professional Senior Business Operations Associate. The Center for Comparative Medicine provides for the care, health and well-being of research animal models in the pursuit of scientific achievement and excellence at Baylor College of Medicine. In support of this mission, this position will play a key role in the day to day financial and operational aspects of the business office, uphold good business practices, problem solve, and take an active role in process improvement. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and great leadership qualities to support, guide and lead team members towards achieving excellence.
- Perform and oversee the daily operation of a department primarily in the areas of financial management
- Adhere to and support best business practices. Develop processes and guidelines for team members.
- Perform and oversee monthly invoicing processes to ensure steady and accurate revenue stream.
- Develop successful strategies for expense control.
- Review and approve statements, procurement and invoice actions.
- Assist in developing and managing budget and financial data. Monitor, control and verify expenditures. Be able to conduct financial analyses and generate analytical reports.
- Assist in overseeing post-award related projects and related tasks.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Experience Required: Four years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Master's degree in related field will be an asset.
- Experience working with SAP is a plus.
- Prior work experience in an academic/research setting, experience in client billing/accounts receivable/accounts payable.
- Advanced skill level of MS Excel.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston