Staff Counselor - Multicultural Focus
- Doctorate in Counseling Psychology or Clinical Psychology or related field from an APA-accredited program and internship OR Masters in Social Work, Counseling or related field from an accredited program is required.
- Currently licensed, or eligible for licensure in the state of MA as a Psychologist within 18 months of employment, OR as a LICSW, LMHC, LMFT, or related license in the state of MA within 6 months of employment.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional counseling experience
- Able to work in a brief treatment model in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a diverse student body in culturally competent ways using trauma-informed practices
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity, equity and inclusion
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in addressing race and racism
- Current Massachusetts license is preferred, but post-doctoral candidates who need to complete supervised hours for licensure will be considered.
- Work experience in college or university settings and/or in community mental health
- Group therapy experience with students of color
- Training in EMDR, Progressive Counting, or other type of psychotherapy specifically designed to treat traumatic memories
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter online at https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs . Please be sure to upload all requested documents in the first step of the application process. Applications cannot be revised once submitted. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.