Director of Admissions
- Manages and oversees the undergraduate application and review process for Rowan University in collaboration with the Vice President of Strategic Enrollment Management.
- Supervises and oversees day-to-day operation of undergraduate admissions staff at Rowan University.
- Participates in the process of identifying and attaining undergraduate incoming class size, mix, and representation of the southern New Jersey area and beyond.
- Uses and integrates statistical data and technology into the day-to-day business practices of the Office of Admissions.
- Strong knowledge and experience in project management principles and their practical application in business practices.
- Develops admissions organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction, establishing functional objectives in line with division objectives in conjunction with the Vice President of Strategic Enrollment Management.
- Establishes admissions operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Promotes the university and attracts new students by maintaining working relationships with other university departments.
- Maintains continuing flow of quality applicants and transfers to the university by analyzing trends in enrollment and marketing activities, leading activities to continue programs that are effective; modifying programs; presenting new sales strategies for the university's recruitment and admission activities.
- Maximizes recruiting and admissions processing by using state-of-the-art recruiting and admissions computer technology.
- Enhances admissions department and university reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Develops the annual budget for the admissions and recruitment functions of the office in collaboration with the Vice President of Strategic Enrollment Management.
- Participates in the awarding of merit and foundation scholarships to incoming undergraduate students.
- Strong background in statistics, statistical modeling, and implementing statistical analysis into day-to-day business practices.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff , including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas , conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, support, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Strategic Enrollment Management.
- Minimum five to seven years of experience in higher education marketing, admissions, or related field.
- Minimum Masters in related field (Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute experience on a year for year basis.)
- Adept at leading by example, marshaling resources, and creating professional atmosphere to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to work in diverse settings
- Natural communicator with strong motivational skills and the ability to support operational goals and meet objectives.
- Ability to think independently and have team leadership
- Staff supervision and development experience
- Data management and data analysis experience
- Demonstrated track record of managing/leading teams to success
- Experienced in navigating teams through challenging business environments.
- Experience in higher education undergraduate admissions.
- Functional knowledge of integrating technology systems into business practice
- Functional knowledge of the Ellucian Banner system.
- Functional knowledge of the Slate CRM system
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro