Asst. AD, Scheduling and Internal Programs
Assists the Director of Physical Education and Athletics in planning, organizing, developing, scheduling and evaluating athletic programs with primary oversight of the operating standards, systems and practices as they directly impact the overall operating excellence of the department. Oversees athletic events and game operations. Serves as a liaison between various Academy departments
- Manages interscholastic team schedules and budgets with the Athletic Director.
- Athletic Liaison: In support of the Athletic Director, serves as a direct link of communication between Admissions, Institutional Advancement, and College Counseling
- Oversees Coaches and Captains Council: Via regularly scheduled meetings, institute a consistent communication to and from a select group of seasonal coaches and student athletes with the purpose of presenting a variety of relevant topics: DEI, community relations, alumni relations, professional development, mentoring, daily operational program needs.
- Coordinates the transportation, meals, and officials for athletic contests.
- Schedules all activities in the Athletic Facilities around the set interscholastic and physical education programs. This includes outside rentals, PEA clubs, facilities management projects, equipment installations, etc. Coordinates all special needs for scheduled programs (setups, custodial and security coverage, equipment loans, etc.).
- Coordinates Athletic Facility hours on the community calendar.
- Schedules athletic contests.
- Handles the contracting of athletic contests with opponent schools prior to each season.
- Collaborates, consults, and executes decisions related to contest changes (i.e. inclement weather, travel emergencies, etc.) with the Athletic Director.
- Oversees all operations of the Outside Rental Program. This includes scheduling, contracting, coordinating coverage for, and billing all outside rental groups.
- Post grad Advisor/Mentor: Implement onboarding program for postgraduates, enhance wellness and support for postgraduates, support community engagement and leadership structure
- Co-Direct departmental tournaments and camps: Coordinate and oversee interscholastic tournaments, implement and supervise summer athletic camps. Coordinate leadership opportunities for PG’s and PEA student leaders via summer camps.
- Supports “game day” operations in conjunction with the Asst. AD Operations and Athletic Director.
- Coordinates Preseason schedules and needs with coaches
- Coordinates and supervises the professional drivers.
- Submits athletic schedule to printing company.
- Guides and advises students and coaches when needed and maintains appropriate confidentiality.
- Approves requests for monies from Interscholastic Athletics and PE accounts for coaches’ workshops, travel, etc.
- Supports the Athletic Director by providing leadership and direction in the development, administration, and forecasting of the full department operating budget, covering all functional areas.
- Manages and communicates departmental policies and procedures.
- Serves as a liaison between the Athletic Program and Accounting department.
- Partners with Facilities Management regarding the rental of athletic facilities.
- Collaborates with other Athletic team members to address organizational needs, and initiates, participates in, leads/manages a variety of projects or provides direction on Athletic-related programs and practices.
- Ensures consistency, communication and collaboration in a small yet complex environment.
- Seeks and participates in professional development activities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Incumbent is expected to work with a high level of independence and autonomy, and exercise a high degree of initiative, influence, and judgment in decisions impacting staff and department operations.
Expected to solve problems or address issues that require immediate attention.
Direct: Varsity and JV Coaches
Internal & External Contacts
Frequent contact with students, Dean of Students office, PEA administrative and academic offices, faculty, coaches, and staff. External contacts may include parents, outside organizations, visitors and local community neighbors.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- CPR Certification.
- At least 7 years’ experience in a business setting
- 5 years of collegiate or varsity head coaching experience.
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Appreciation for athletics and well-being.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in all aspects of Academy life.
- Possess excellent management, leadership, organizational, programming, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to engage positively and cooperatively with students, employees, and guests.
- Knowledge in planning, organizing, and implementing athletic programs.
- Self-motivated and independent.
- Demonstrated experience directing other staff.
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships, and the ability to take direction and work with others.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust and credibility.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a strong customer focus.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including stressful situations.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Brentwood
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Brentwood
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Brentwood
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Brentwood
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Brentwood