Instructional Designer and Technologist II
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is accepting applicants for an Instructional Designer and Technologist II in the Center for Excellence and Innovation in Teaching, Learning, and Distance Education (CEITL & DE). The successful candidate will collaborate with faculty and staff on the design of high quality courses aligned with university standards; promote adoption of effective teaching strategies to enhance student learning; create and deliver training for faculty and staff on the effective use of instructional technology; and assist with the administration of the learning management system. This position contributes to a culture of innovation and teaching excellence in face-to-face, hybrid, and online environments.
Duties would include but are not limited to:
- Consults with faculty in designing, revising, implementing, and assessing teaching strategies in all formats—remote, face-to-face, blended, and online.
- Provides guidance to faculty to support the creation of equitable and accessible learning experiences in all formats—face-to-face, blended, and online.
- Develops and delivers workshops on best practices in teaching and instructional technology
- Assists faculty in effectively developing hybrid and online courses integrating instructional technology to enrich the student experience.
- Assists in the evaluation of technology to facilitate best practices in teaching and learning
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in education, instructional methods and theory, assessment techniques, instructional technology, universal design, and inclusive pedagogical strategies.
- Conducts reviews of online courses consistent with best practices and QM (Quality Matters) Standards.
- Assists with the administration and maintenance of The Citadel’s learning management system, Canvas.
- Master's degree; preferably in Education, Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Learning Technologies or closely related field; with five (5) years' experience and/or teaching or training in education, curriculum development, instructional design; instructional technology or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience creating learning experiences for training and/or instructional purposes.
- Functional knowledge of LMS systems/learning platforms and e-learning tools.
- Knowledge of instructional design models, strategies, and best practices.
- Knowledge of multimedia and learning technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of learning theory, instructional design, design standards, adult education, and various delivery models including micro-learning.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-departmental teams and manage the timely delivery of projects.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills that enable effective communication in support of staff, faculty, and students.
- Ability to establish and meet project goals and timelines.
- A doctorate degree is highly desirable.
- Staff development and/or teaching experience preferred.
Advertised: Feb 19 2021 Eastern Standard Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston