Clinical Coordinator - Respiratory Care
CLINICAL COORDINATOR – RESPIRATORY CARE
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
The Respiratory Care program prepares students to become a well-rounded professional and competent advanced respiratory therapist. The graduate will be eligible to take the National Boards for Respiratory Care to become a “Registered Respiratory Therapist.”
This position plans and develops clinical education experiences for the clinical phase in an Allied Health/Career Program. The Position Monitors supervised clinical practice experiences and modifies them as necessary to ensure expected learning outcomes will be met by each student by program competition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
- Evaluates students’ clinical performance, competence, and knowledge in different areas of the medical field, both educationally and through on-site performance.
- Scores and writes reports of evaluations and final examinations. Communicates results to students and program director.
- Discusses performance with faculty and administrators in addition to clinical preceptors, for further understanding of the student’s development.
- Maintains links with clinical preceptors, health care institutions, and other agencies involved in the clinical phase of the program.
- Provides clinical instruction and professional and academic counsel to students.
- Performs periodic review and updates course materials.
- Assures the availability of remedial instruction for students.
- Assigns students to clinical sites and rotations to assure students have equal experiences in all aspects of their clinical practice rotations.
- Assures student fitness and compliance with site specific requirement to attend clinical practice.
- Facilitates students’ assimilation into clinical site rotations assuring their access to EMR and Essential clinical sources.
- Facilitates rotations to develop skills and understanding of various procedures and diagnostic testing and imaging essential to create care plans to optimal patient care.
- Utilized web-based products for documentation of all aspects of student participation and performance in clinical practice rotations.
- Develops and optimizes online study materials to aid in instruction and reports.
- Prepares reports on student use of online study materials’ in collaboration with program faculty.
- Associate’s degree in Respiratory Care required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. At least 3 years experience in a health care environment for individuals possessing an Associate’s degree; 2 years in a health care environment with completion of a Bachelor’s degree. Additional experience in a clinical setting and/or experience in an academic setting preferred.
- Must be a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
- Must have a current Illinois Respiratory Care Practitioner license.
- Above average verbal and written communication required.
- Ability to communicate complicated information to varied audiences.
- Must conduct interactions in a polite and courteous manner.
- Ability to maintain confidential information on the program and student records.
- Proficiency in various software programs including word processing, spreadsheet applications, and database management.
- Must be self-directed and able to prioritize work. Must be able to meet deadlines in a timely manner. In addition, must be able to participate and interact as a team player on many projects throughout the District.
- Must be able to work varied hours which may include evening and/or weekends.
WE OFFER: Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation, holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!