We are encouraging applications for a postdoctoral associate to perform research in the areas of Quantum Measurement to help develop superconducting systems for Quantum Computation and Simulation. The candidate will work on projects that require periodic technical supervision on all phases of the assignments. Additional supervision can be obtained from other peers or advisors in the laboratory.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Professional Research Experience Program (PREP) is a special partnership between the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the University of Colorado Boulder. PREP provides research opportunities to CU undergraduate and graduate students, as well as researchers with a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in NIST labs to gain research experience alongside NIST scientists.
The particular group that needs a researcher is the Advanced Microwave Photonics Group under the Applied Physics Division at NIST.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
This ZP-II position will require the candidate to develop project objectives with their advisor, a work plan, and then share their results and conclusions. Any vetted final results must be written and published in appropriate, refereed journals. The candidate is expected to perform some independent work and become a partial contributing member of the research group. This position does NOT require the candidate to acquire any program responsibility or manage or play a supervisory role with other students or associates.
What We Can Offer
The salary range is $67,000 - $73,000 and will be based upon relevant background and experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Creative. Be Flexible. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- PhD in Physics, Quantum Physics, Quantum Measurement, Quantum Computation and Simulation or a related field.
- Experience operating and measuring superconducting quantum bits.
- Have performed and evaluated quantum gates on at least two coupled qubits.
- Have at least 3 years of experience programming in Python.
- Prior experience performing physics simulations and performing
What We Would Like You To Have
- Matlab, Fabrication of superconducting circuits.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
During the application process, you will need to enter contact information for three references and we will request letters of recommendation and additional materials if needed, as the search progresses.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Lisa Valencia
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Physics & Space Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder