ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION
Coordinate the planning, delivery, and administration of all employee benefit programs to include group health, dental, life insurance, flexible spending, and other College benefit plans and services. Work closely with Compliance to ensure all programs, policies and communications are compliant with federal, state and local regulations, as well as best practices. Proactively work with broker and vendors to identify potential cost savings or value-added improvements in our benefits plans. Research and coordinate the resolution of complex plan administration issues. Develop and utilize full functional knowledge of IC HR Cloud to include: maintenance of benefit records; testing and implementation of new functionality; participating in identifying reporting needs and data analysis and verification; and generating electronic benefit notifications and communications. Participate in special projects and deliver workshops sponsored by the Office of Human Resources.
***Remote work is possible for this position.
This position reports to the Associate Vice President. This position supervises the Benefits Specialist.
1. Coordinate the administration and development of benefit programs to include the group health plans, life insurance, spending and savings accounts, and retirement plans. Work closely with Compliance to ensure all programs, policies and communications are compliant with federal, state and local regulations, as well as best practices. Proactively work with broker and vendors to identify potential cost savings or value-added improvements in our benefits plans. Review and analyze processes, identify ways to streamline, automate, and incorporate changes into daily operations. Coordinate the resolution of complex plan administration issues with third party administrators. Lead the development and negotiation process of new programs and recommend improvements and enhancements, and assist in the renegotiation of rates of existing programs.
2. Serve as point in establishing and monitoring the College’s benefit budget.
3. Serve as liaison between providers of services, insurance companies and employees in resolution of employee problems/concerns. Identify recurring issues and make recommendations for solutions. Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to issues. Interpret and communicate benefit program policies.
4. Develop and maintain relationships with third party providers and ensure maximum utilization of resources and services. Review, verify, and authorize premium payments to third party providers.
5. Serve as a resource to HR Business Partners in matters concerning benefit programs, human resource management system processing and information concerning applicable benefit policies.
6. In collaboration with HR Business Partners, manage workplace accommodation requests and ensure compliance with ADA; assess reasonableness of request; facilitate conversations with individual and supervisor; develop indiviudal accomodation plans and ensure required documention.
7. Identify reporting needs and work with the Director for Benefits Compliance and HRIS to develop and maintain benefit-related and census reports. Review and analyze reports/data, determine necessary actions, and ensure proper follow-through and documentation. Verifiy data accuracy.
8. Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations, as well as best practices, administer the 403(b) retirement plan to include meeting with employees, performing calculations in response to employees’ requests/goals, tracking and auto-enrolling eligible participants, requesting maximum deferral calculations, processing contribution changes, ensuring employee paycheck deductions are consistent with salary deferral agreements on file, and generating mandated notices.
9. Manage the Emeriti Retiree Health Care program forfeiture account; determine eligibility for participation in Emeriti program and process enrollment; process additional voluntary employee contributions and maintain active employee data and information. Determine eligibility for Emeriti reimbursement benefit upon separation of employment and direct forfeiture funds as defined by the plan.
10. Manage the maintenance of records reflecting benefit coverage, eligibility and evidence of benefit coverage using IC HR Cloud. Ensure appropriate system support and training. Minimize manual processing through utilization of technology available on campus and through third party providers.
11. Prepare a variety of government reports and analyses reflecting benefit statistics, costs, and related data to include the 5500’s report and summary annual reports.
12. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
13. Collaborate with the Director for Benefits Compliance and HRIS regarding maintenance of the benefits module in IC HR Cloud and with the automated services available from carriers. Identify technical needs and issues.
14. Facilitate the annual on-line re-enrollment process to include ordering of materials and responding to employee inquiries. Assist employees with the online re-enrollment process and provide counseling.
15. Serve as the College’s representative to the Upstate New York College and University Risk Management Group and monitor the group program for quality of service and cost effectiveness.
16. Complete external benefit surveys. Compile and analyze survey results.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience; demonstrated knowledge and experience in the administration of comprehensive benefit programs; excellent attention to detail, strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment; strong analytical skills, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and process confidential and sensitive data and information are required. Previous experience working with an on-line HR/Payroll information system, CEBS-Certified Employee Benefits Specialist, SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources or PHR (Professional in Human Resources) certification are preferred.
Most of the work of the incumbent is carried out within a generally accessible, safe, indoor environment. The incumbent will be required to operate a personal computer and associated equipment such as computer printers and other office equipment used in the day-to-day office operations. The incumbent may be required to deliver or pickup various correspondences or materials from other on campus locations and must be able to walk, drive or make alternative transportation arrangements.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and list of three professional references.
Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Grants & Contracts Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca