Dean of Academic Affairs & Operations
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverage
The Dean of Academic Affairs and Operations is responsible for the overall development, maintenance, and management of academic operations, student support services and facility utilization at the assigned campus. This position is responsible for creating and sustaining an environment of academic and professional excellence for students and faculty and a collaborative working environment with educational team members.
KEY JOB ELEMENT:
- Assure availability of properly credentialed faculty to meet curriculum delivery requirements, including development of the annual faculty staffing plan.
- Responsible for faculty on-boarding including new hire orientation.
- Institute processes to assure that all Faculty are being appropriately supervised, developed and evaluated. Monitor systems, policies, and procedures in order to ensure consistent delivery of programs. Effectively and efficiently implement approved course schedule.
- Manage the scheduling process, maximizing efficiencies while maintaining educational outcomes.
- Develop/recommend/implement assigned elements of the South University Strategic
- Supervise and provide training, guidance, and support to the campus Registrar.
- Coordinate with the Senior Director of Admissions to set and maintain Admission standards and the process for assuring compliance.
- In coordination with the Vice Chancellor- Academic Affairs, oversee academic and student services policy and procedure, including institutional policies, students' rights and responsibilities, and academic policies and procedures.
- As approved by the Board of Trustees, implement and monitor admission policies including admissions requirements and transfer policies.
- Oversee the dissemination of Academic Calendar, Academic Catalogs, Student
- Handbooks and Campus Registration Bulletins.
- Oversee, develop and lead persistence initiatives including the Student Success
- Committee and the Continuing Student Review Committee.
- Interface with the Dean – Student Affairs and the Director – Career Services and network with local industry leaders to assess the competitiveness of our graduates.
- Comply with South University policies and State Regulations.
- Serve as the lead person on the campus for CampusVue and provide management of the ongoing system. Ensure all participants at the campus level are trained and certified in areas of expertise.
- Actively participate in Institutional Effectiveness Planning.
- Assist the campus president in the preparation and implementation of the budget.
- In partnership with the Campus President, coordinate general compliance of the campus's educational practices with national, state and regional regulations, ensure the appropriate accrediting criteria and requirements are maintained,
- Serve as a member of the campus Executive Committee.
- Meet data needs and reporting responsibilities with the Director of Institutional
- Manage, prepare, and submit the Integrated Post-secondary Education (IPEDS) Survey reports.
- Coordinate reporting of SSCR data to the National Student Loan Clearinghouse.
- Collect and publish Census reports for Academic Session starts and fiscal quarters.
- Coordinate administration of Faculty and Student Surveys.
- Provide CampusVue training for appropriate staff at the campuses and central office.
- Provide ad hoc reports to campus, central office, and executive staff as requested.
- A minimum of 10 years of academic operations leadership experience in a university setting (registrar and/or admissions experience a plus).
- Terminal degree from a regionally accredited institution in either higher education
- Leadershipor an area related to the University's curriculum.
- Significant teaching experience in a university.
- Other requirements specific to the discipline.
- Experience with computerized administrative systems. Proficient with the use of standard office applications on personal computers.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret and implement accreditation criteria and state agency regulations.
- Ability to resolve inquiries and complaints from employees, students, regulatory agencies, or members of the academic or business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to faculty, academic and campus leaders, corporate leaders, and public groups.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbia