The Program Assistant supports the general office functions and administrative support functions of the assigned department.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
• Serves as a public contact for the program and answers inquiries by e-mail, mail, telephone, and in person.
• Responds to routine and moderately complex questions or issues regarding policies, procedures, and processes and ensures compliance at the unit level.
• Coordinates travel arrangements, makes reservations, and processes reimbursements.
• Prepares, reviews, and performs input of human resources documents and data.
• Maintains and updates lists, prepares mailings, and performs data entry.
• Drafts documents, correspondence, spreadsheets, contracts and reports.
• Assists with preparation of newsletters and promotional materials.
• Creates or maintains unit filing systems or workflows.
• Maintains office supply inventory, interacts with vendors, or serves as unit contact for space, equipment or facility issues.
• Updates web pages.
• Compiles fiscal information, processes fees or expenditures, and assists fiscal reporting.
• May assist in arranging or supporting events.
• Compiles information concerning the transactional processing of fees or expenditures; tracks accounts for fiscal reporting.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Required Qualifications :
High school diploma or equivalent.
Two years of relevant full-time general office experience.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Preferred Qualifications :
Work experience in a higher education setting.
Experience with Workday.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
Knowledge of general office procedures.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects within deadlines.
Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
Ability to operate office equipment including personal computer, copy machine, fax machine, and calculator.
Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency and learn new applications and systems.
Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
Ability to think critically and make clear, well-reasoned and timely decisions.
Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations and environments.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and accurately.
Ability to understand and follow directions.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers