Housekeeper (Williams Bay, WI)
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
The starting pay for this position is $13.00 per hour. In addition, a sign on bonus of $500 will be paid after 90 days of employment.
Position Purpose: Housekeepers are responsible for undertaking general cleaning duties and achieve and maintain the highest possible standard of cleaning in all college accommodation and service for our students, visitors and guests.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Job-related experience is preferred.
- Strategic thinking and orientation with the ability to identify and to solve problems.
- The ability to deal with multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and the flexibility to deal with changing needs.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve or exceed goals and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituents; the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external audiences.
- Customer-service focused.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends for University sanctioned events.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency with all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work
- The ability to work independently and as a member of the George Williams College team.
- Strong enthusiasm, motivation, and drive.
- Valid driver’s license for at least three consecutive years. Driving record free of major violations. Evidence of Insurability and proof of continuous insurance.
- Successfully pass a thorough background investigation, pre-employment physical examination, and a pre-employment drug screening.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; significant climbing and balancing (25 pounds); significant stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 10% sitting, 60% walking, and 30% standing. The job is performed under some temperature extremes and under conditions with exposure to risk of injury.
- Must maneuver around campus and the hilly terrain with ease.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.