Vice President for Student Services
Posting Number AS185P Position Title Vice President for Student Services Contract Length 12 months Class Summary
Provide leadership and overall direction to the following functions in the institution: Enrollment and Student Services, which include, but are not limited to, Admissions and Records, Advising, Financial Aid, Student Success Services, International and Veterans and other student success initiatives. This position is responsible for the oversight of development of student success goals and objectives ensuring effective collaboration and coordination among all departments to meet new and on-going initiatives in achieving the mission of the College.
Candidates Eligible to Apply Internal/External Position Type Exempt Staff Employment Status Full Time Position Funding Type Regular
- Master’s degree required.
- Ten (10) years of administrative experience in Student Services or a related field, with five (5) years of direct experience in a managerial or leadership role.
- Five (5) years community college administrative experience and demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the mission of community colleges.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
• Supervisory principles
• Managerial principles
• Applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations
• Academic development principles
• Strategic planning principles
• Leadership principles
• Higher education administration principles
• Research principles
• Budget principles
• Monitoring and evaluating employees
• Prioritizing and assigning work
• Interpreting and applying local, state and federal laws and regulations
• Developing and implementing goals, objectives and policies
• Performing needs assessments
• Interpreting and applying procedures and policies
• Evaluating higher education programs and curriculums
• Conducting research and developing reports
• Managing and monitoring budgets
• Enrollment development and management principles
• Student retention program development
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
1. Supervises employees to include: prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff are trained; and making hiring, termination and disciplinary recommendations.
2. Develops, implements and evaluates College.
3. Establishes and implements master plan and utilization goals.
4. Creates and maintains relationships with outside agencies for effective program development and implementation.
5. Provides leadership in securing alternative funding and maximizing existing resources.
6. Provides primary leadership in performing needs assessments, developing strategic objectives and organizational wide policies and procedures.
7. Manages and coordinates across campus and community functions.
8. Represents the college and executive members on statewide and local committees and boards.
9. Oversees the preparation of board, progress, task force and committee reports as well as presentational materials for meeting and events.
10. Develops and approves the organizational budget and expenditures.
11. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Positions in this class typically require: keyboarding, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Minimum Salary Range $112,895 Mid Point Salary Range . Maximum Salary Range $146,763 Posting Open Date 02/15/2021 Posting Close Date Posting Will Be Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Please NOTE : All applications must contain complete job histories, which include job title, dates of employment (month/year), name of employer, supervisors name and phone numbers and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be considered incomplete. Applications with “See attached” or “See resume” will not be accepted in lieu of a complete application. Omission of data can be the basis for disqualification; you may state “unknown” for any incomplete fields. A scanned copy of unofficial transcript(s) must be attached to the online application (if applicable).
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/2407 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a Master’s degree or higher?
- * Do you have a minimum of (10) years of administrative
experience in Student Services or a related field, with at least
five (5) years of direct experience in a managerial or leadership
- * Do you have a minimum of five (5) years community college
administrative experience and demonstrated understanding of and
commitment to the mission of community colleges?
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Additional Transcripts (2 of 3)
- Additional Transcripts (3 of 3)
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Deans Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Student Activities & Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City