Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Child Development (Meredith College, Raleigh, NC)
Assistant Professor in Child Development or Assistant Professor in Child Development and Coordinator of Birth-Kindergarten (B-K) Licensure Program
Location: Meredith College, Department of Human Environmental Sciences
Description: Full-time tenure-track faculty
position beginning August 1, 2021.
Assistant Professor in Child Development
Assistant Professor and Coordinator of B-K licensure program accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- Assistant Professor responsibilities include teaching undergraduate courses in Child Development and Birth-Kindergarten. Active involvement within the college, school, and department; student advising, college-wide committee work, and engagement in scholarship & professional activity are required.
- Coordinator of B-K licensure program responsibilities include: 1) successfully leading and administering the B-K program, including curriculum development, 2) full responsibility for coordination with Education Department to ensure CAEP compliance and re-accreditation, including but not limited to the preparation of all re-accreditation documents and assessments; and 3) collaboration with professionals in the field and area preceptors. Oversight of all aspects of the B-K program in consultation with the heads of the departments of Education and Human Environmental Sciences is expected.
Earned doctoral degrees in child development, early childhood special education, or closely related field required. The successful candidate will possess:
- leadership ability to successfully coordinate an academic licensure program
- administrative experience,
- broad-based knowledge of child development,
- evidence of effective teaching,
- evidence of professional/scholarly activity,
- an ability to interact with professionals in the field and ensure compliance with CAEP requirements.
- For B-K Coordinator, the candidate must be eligible for B-K Licensure in NC.
- Must establish NC residency by August 1, 2021.
Applications: Review of applications and nominations will begin on March 1, 2021, and continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit your letter of interest, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy and professional goals, copies of all transcripts, teaching license documentation, and a list of professional references.
Submit application materials online at https://meredithcollege.hiretouch.com/view-all-jobs
Inquiries on the position may be directed to Dr. Pamela Norcross, search committee chair, at email@example.com
Program and College: The Child Development program is one of four program areas offering a major in the Department of Human Environmental Sciences (HES). The B-K licensure program is housed in the Department of HES and works in coordination with the Department of Education. Meredith College is a private, independent, comprehensive college for women with coeducational graduate programs and an equal opportunity employer, located in Raleigh, North Carolina. The College is committed to diversity and encourages applications and nominations of all qualified individuals.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Durham
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Durham
- Human Development & Family Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Durham