Director of Corporate Solutions
Department: Continuing Education and Training, Advantage C
Pay Grade: 13 ($62,842 - $84,283)
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Director of Corporate Solutions identifies, develops, and proactively manages comprehensive revenue-generating solutions to meet the ongoing needs of business and industry partners in the Carroll County region. Working closely with the Senior Director of Corporate Services and Workforce Development, the incumbent will consult directly with CEOs, C-Suite officers, human resource managers, organizational development directors, and/or business owners to proactively identify and generate opportunities to meet the needs of area employers, governmental agencies and business partners. The Director works collaboratively with Advantage C team members to manage key internal, administrative priorities as well as externally driven client projects to ensure initiatives are implemented on time and within budget and scope. The incumbent is accountable to meet sales goals and maintain superior customer satisfaction levels. This position reports to the Senior Director Corporate Services and Workforce Development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Project Management – Oversees internal and external projects, events, programs and activities. Contributes data and ideas toward strategic objectives, policies, procedures, internal reports, and marketing efforts. Manages client projects from start to finish, ensuring that client needs are met, quality is exceptional, and outcomes satisfy internal requirements and client expectations.
- Consultative Sales – Engages in consultative selling to meet established goals. Conducts business development calls and works collaboratively with community human resource managers, organizational development professionals, and/or business leaders to analyze training and development needs, gather data, and recommend appropriate solutions to include training, coaching, consulting, assessments, facilitation, and other services provided by the College.
- Organization & Industry Needs Assessment – Plans and conducts front-end analysis, industry research, and/or organizational assessments. Analyzes results to create appropriate solutions. Documents solutions and presents clients and/or key stakeholders with appropriate documentation, including proposals or solutions that detail proposed project description, timeline and price.
- Resource Management – Work with the Senior Director of Corporate Services and Workforce Development to recruit, select and manage consultants and adjunct faculty for client projects. May manage multiple adjuncts for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Collaboration – Work with Advantage C resources to ensure internal and externally driven project-related timelines and requirements are met. May serve as a representative for internal and external committees or workgroups. May collaborate with other internal resources, including marketing and communications, to develop online and print media to promote programs.
- Relationship Building – Works with the Senior Director of Corporate Services and Workforce Development to build cooperative business relationships with decision makers, managers, and other key associates. Fosters relationships that support the learning needs of business, industry, and governmental organizations and seeks out opportunities that promote Advantage C as the learning and development solutions provider of choice. May attend and participate in chamber events and human resource professional associations.
- Sales and Client Activity Tracking – Enters new clients and prospects in CRM, documents all client and prospect activity and tracks progress of client proposals. May leverage other college systems to track and manage client engagement details.
- Curriculum Development – Oversees customized training curriculum development for a variety of client and/or community-related projects.
- Must be positive, cooperative and supportive.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Business, Human Resources, or Organizational Development. (Bachelor’s degree accepted with at least two additional years’ experience as described below).
- Two years’ experience in continuing education, training, human resources, organizational development, and/or workforce development.
- HR certification(s) – HRCI or SHRM – preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills.
- Excellent consultative sales skills, ability to influence decision makers, and effective oral and written communications skills required.
- Knowledge of programs, courses, curricula, and initiatives that support individual and organizational learning.
- Skilled in data collection and analysis including assessments/surveys, interviews, and focus groups, preferred.
- Experience performing these duties in an institution of higher education, a plus.
This work is normally sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual acuity/ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity – Able to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk - Able to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus, direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices, and campus environments. Use of safe workplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations; and observance of traffic laws when/if driving a College vehicle. Occasional travel to meetings, events and trainings. Local travel to clients or other locations.
This position will be placed on the 12-month Grade 13 College salary scale. Actual salary placement based on qualifications and experience. Position includes an excellent fringe benefit package which can be found at:
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter with minimum salary requirement emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Carroll Community College, Human Resources – Rm. A138, 1601 Washington Road, Westminster, MD 21157.
The deadline for applicant email submission is March 5, 2021 or postmarked by same date if submitted via U.S. mail.
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- be able to work on campus and/or remotely as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
- complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS: The College pays one-half of reasonable travel expenses for the first visit and pays the entire cost of travel for the second visit. The College does not pay relocation expenses. However, following a one-year probationary period, year-to-year contracts are provided until three years of satisfactory service are completed, after which time 3-year contracts are provided.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
“Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment.
Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.”
Apply for Director of Corporate Solutions
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly