Computer Science | Assistant Professor Computer Science Tenure Track | I01632
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania invites applications for an Assistant Professor in the Computer Science Department beginning August 2021. The Computer Science Department at Slippery Rock University offers a BS in Computing with tracks in Information Technology, Computer Science, and Cyber Security. Excellence in the education of undergraduate students is the primary focus of the position. Teaching assignments will include core courses for all three tracks and advanced courses in Computer Science and Cyber Security. Duties include committee work at departmental, college, and university levels, research that may involve undergraduate students, academic advising, scholarly activities, and other duties as assigned.
- /D.Sc. in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or Software Engineering.
- Successful performance in an interview, including a teaching demonstration.
- Demonstrable knowledge of object oriented programming and data structures and algorithms.
- Commitment to the education of diverse populations.
- Excellence in the education of undergraduate students in Computing.
- Ability to teach core computing courses, introductory and advanced programming, introductory web programming, data science, cloud computing, computer security, networking, graphics, virtual reality/augmented reality, and mobile computing/IoT.
- Ability to teach intermediate and advanced Computing courses.
- Ability to work productively with students and colleagues.
- Demonstrated familiarity with instructional technology in the teaching-learning process, and the role of faculty in student success, recruitment, and retention.