Computer Science | Assistant Professor Information Technology Tenure Track | I01631
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania invites applications for an Assistant Professor in the Computer Science Department beginning August 2021. The Computer Science Department at Slippery Rock University offers a BS in Computing with tracks in Information Technology, Computer Science, and Cyber Security. Excellence in the education of undergraduate students is the primary focus of the position. Although teaching assignments will include core courses and all three tracks, the primary focus is the Information Technology track which teaches advanced web graphics, client and server side scripting, and current web technologies. Duties include committee work at departmental, college, and university levels, research that may involve undergraduate students, academic advising, scholarly activities, and other duties as assigned.
Ph.D./D.Sc in Computer Science or Information Technology. Successful performance in an interview, including a teaching demonstration. Demonstrable knowledge of web programming and system administration. Commitment to the education of diverse populations.
• Excellence in the education of undergraduate students in Computing.
• Ability to teach core computing courses, introductory and advanced programming, mobile computing/IoT, client-side/server-side web development, system configuration and administration, advanced web technologies, and networking.
• Ability to teach intermediate and advanced Computing courses.
• Ability to work productively with students and colleagues.
• Demonstrated familiarity with instructional technology in the teaching-learning process, and the role of faculty in student success, recruitment, and retention.
· Preference will also be given to candidates demonstrating familiarity with instructional technology in the teaching-learning process, and the role of faculty in student success, recruitment, and retention.