CNA Instructor, Tenure Track
CNA Instructor, Tenure Track
Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The primary responsibility of a Nursing Assistant Instructor is to facilitate student learning in the classroom, lab, and clinical settings. Teaching and workload assignments are scheduled throughout the academic year, and may require evening and weekend obligations at multiple physical locations including off-campus clinical settings. The curriculum will provide all state regulatory required instruction per the Nevada State Board of Nursing and Truckee Meadow Community College curriculum and policy. The Certified Nursing Program trains CNA's for the community using a range of instructional formats including in-class and online resources, and is committed to the highest professional standards.
1. Bachelor's degree (or equivalent, or Associates degree in nursing) from a regionally accredited college or university in the specified discipline or a closely related field
2. Current license (RN or LPN) in the State of Nevada or eligible to obtain in the state of Nevada
3. Current license to teach certified nursing assistant course
4. Current Basic Life Support CPR and TB tests
1. Current RN license in the State of Nevada or eligible to obtain a Nevada Nursing License
2. Experience teaching college level courses is preferred
3. Experience with distance education/web-teaching modalities is desirable
4. Experience with curriculum development and assessment is desirable
5. Fluency in Spanish is desirable
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds, and a sensitivity of the needs of first-generation college students. Strong candidates will have the ability to deal effectively with students, colleagues and other staff; being open minded, flexible, fair and able to see multiple perspectives.
Candidates must be committed to providing quality education and to promoting student engagement and critical thinking. Strong candidates will demonstrate a positive attitude and proactive approach to identifying problems, creating innovative solutions and implementing a course of action.
1. Must maintain good standing in all licensure, continuing education units, and course work
2. Teach assigned courses according to the NSBN/TMCC curriculum and syllabus
3. Be available to students during the contract period and connect students with needed resources, such as counseling
4. Prepare course syllabi with all required elements, including student learning objectives, course requirements, assignments, testing policy, and grading scale
5. Prepare instructional materials in accordance with high professional standards
6. Maintain accurate student records, including attendance, grades, and incident reports
7. Provide student feedback and administer student evaluations
8. Participate in orientation and faculty meetings as requested
9. Participate in student retention activities as requested
10. Promote college educational programs and services to the communities served by TMCC
11. Assist coordinator with special projects as needed
12. Assist in mentoring new faculty as needed
13. Participate in assessment of classes and the program toward continual improvement
14. Perform all assigned duties in a manner that is consistent with the standards, mission, and goals of Truckee Meadows Community College
15. Comply with department responsibilities and published college policies and procedures and NSHE published college policies and procedures
16. Adhere to FERPA and all safety standards and regulations
17. Other duties as assigned.
All of the following documents must be attached to this application in order to be given consideration.
- A copy of required Nursing License, TB Test, CPR Certification and CNA teaching license
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
As a part of the application process all applicants may be asked via email to provide additional supplemental materials or information as a part of the committee screening process.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TMCC-External/job/TMCC---Meadowood-Center-North/CNA-Instructor--Tenure-Track_R0123433-1
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive educational institution located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. TMCC’s five instructional sites and numerous community locations serves an increasingly diverse population of more than 11,000 students each semester. TMCC, an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution), is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning.
A vital leader in the New Nevada’s growing economy, TMCC is located near the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains in an environment rich with a thriving arts, culture, food scene, abundant outdoor activities, and a family-friendly local community. It is only a 3.5 hour drive to San Francisco, CA, a 40-minute drive to Lake Tahoe, and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to www.tmcc.edu or view our virtual tour at tour.tmcc.edu.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.