Early College Near Peer - Framingham State University
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Early College Near Peer position works collaboratively with all members of the MetroWest College Planning Collaborative team and specifically the Community College retention team to coordinate and deliver high impact advising near peer mentoring for college students. The advisor is responsible for producing the highest level of quality inclusive advising possible for underrepresented and underserved incoming first year students. This role will carry out Summer Melt and retention check list items with the students. They will hold small group and advising sessions. They will attend all trainings and ensure all advising is of the highest quality that they offer or that they supervise. This advisor coordinates, schedules and attends all advising meetings and retention workshops. They also run weekly retention meetings during summer melt.
ED of CPC
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts intake and assessment, process.
- Leads meetings for the retention summer melt group.
- Enrolls students in college orientation and communicates with offices at community college campus.
- Maintains up to date lists of advisees, coaching notes and files.
- Understands and accesses various support systems both inside and outside of the College Planning Center and Community College to work collaboratively in mission for success and completion.
- Attends and actively participates in staff and other meetings, team based projects, and cross-functional projects as required.
- Works collaboratively with College Access Community and CC retention committee to ensure the most cutting edge methods and materials are being used.
- Contributes to Annual Report.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
Sitting, working on computer, driving
- High school Diploma
- 2 years of Community College or 4 year university
- Second Language
This is a part-time non-benefited, contract position, not to exceed 18 hours per week.
Framingham State University conducts criminal history and sexual offender record checks on recommended finalists prior to final employment for all positions.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.