Professional Development Coordinator- AMSTI
Requested Start Date:
March 31, 2021
Normal Work Schedule:
8:00-4:30, some evenings or weekends may be required
Under the direct supervision of the AMSTI Site Director, the AMSTI Professional Development Coordinator provides administrative support to the AMSTI department by coordinating and facilitating day to day operations of the office’s administrative systems, policies, procedures, and related programs; initiates problem solving, and maintains a high level of tact and diplomacy while discreetly handling confidential and sensitive matters.
· Assists with planning and implementation (including registration, scheduling, and reimbursement, etc.) of the AMSTI Summer Institute and other AMSTI training sessions during the school year.
· Oversees day-to-day activities of the AMSTI office including providing administrative support to AMSTI staff, organizing and maintaining accurate paper and electronic files, and maintaining office equipment and supplies.
· Maintains and updates the AMSTI databases including those involving teachers and trainers, ensuring the integrity of data.
· Assists the AMSTI Site Director and others as required, in compiling data and preparing reports.
· Plans and schedules meetings and appointments, ensuring effective time management.
· Drafts and proofreads correspondence and other documents as required.
· Responds to inquiries concerning AMSTI operations and practices in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
· Communicates effectively with area public school administrators and teachers and SDE personnel.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Stays abreast of AMSTI and Department of Education programs and regulations. Attends mandatory training sessions.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
· High school diploma or equivalent, and
· Minimum of to (4) years administrative work
· Valid Alabama drivers license
· Associate’s degree from an accredited institution of higher institution,
· prior experience supporting a Director and/or office and
· prior experience working in the field of accounting, business administration, finance, or educational support
1. Cover Letter
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.