Graphic Designer I
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Graphic Designer I position. The Graphic Designer I supports the Graphic Design team in conceptualizing and designing marketing materials and communications for print, digital and environmental media. The Designer I creates print and digital campaigns for enrollment, workforce development, and fundraising for the College, including advertising campaigns, collateral, flyers, brochures, social media graphics, posters, invitations, pitch decks, displays, environmental graphics, and more. This position is responsible for transforming concepts into dynamic, multi-platform deliverables that amplify the College's offerings and resonate with target audiences. Working within a highly collaborative, solution-driven environment, the Graphic Designer I demonstrates creativity and knowledge of current print and digital media production standards, and best practices.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Associate's degree, or equivalent coursework, in graphic design or related coursework required.
• A minimum of one (1) year of professional experience in graphic and/or media design.
• Professional level portfolio demonstrating experience of effective, creative, design capabilities required.
• Demonstrated understanding of basic design principles (color, layout, use of imagery, typography, etc.) as well as integrated marketing required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in (Mac and PC) Creative Suite: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, and MS Office, with skills in digital photography and photo editing as well as preparation of electronic files for print and digital production required.
• Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects and deadlines and work well with a variety of clients and collaborators required.
• Good written and verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to work effectively within a team or independently required.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a deadline-driven work environment required.
• Detail-oriented with attention to accuracy required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Bachelor's degree in graphic design or a related field preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• HTML authoring/web design experience preferred.
• Experience with creating motion graphics and shooting and editing video preferred.
• Experience using Basecamp preferred.