Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Accounting Generalist position. The Accounting Generalist supports the Controller's Office in the administration of the accounting functions within the Payroll department for the College's staff, faculty, and student populations. This position is accountable for the disbursement of payroll outputs (i.e. earnings, taxes, benefits, and deductions), preparation of monthly payroll deduction remittances, reconciliations, and outflow reports and ensuring the liability accounts and general ledger account balances. The Accounting Generalist also serves as a floater and backup to perform accounting functions for other areas within the Controller's Office, such as processing student refunds, assisting with 1098-T, and analyzing accounts receivables.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Associate's degree and five (5) years of work experience in payroll, accounting, and/or finance function required; or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related business. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Demonstrated understanding of basic accounting principles and auditing procedures is required.
• Demonstrated understanding of concepts related to payroll processing and tax calculations required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using MS Word and Excel required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks with changing priorities required.
• Strong organizational and time management skills required.
• Ability to work as part of a team or individually required.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive documents and information required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social-economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Previous work experience in higher education experience preferred.
• Previous experience utilizing an enterprise-wide system, such as Banner, preferred.