Faculty Fellow - Nursing
Reports to: The Interim Dean, School of Nursing
The Niagara University School of Nursing is seeking outstanding nursing faculty candidates for both the Traditional 4-year Undergraduate and Post-Baccalaureate Accelerated Nursing Programs. The Faculty Fellow Professor positions are full-time and based on Niagara University Lay Teachers Association (NULTA) requirements. The successful candidates will engage in excellence in academic endeavors including class instruction, clinical expertise, scholarly accomplishments, and service based on the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) standards. These faculty positions will facilitate student learning, identify the various means through which students learn, and support the students’ progress through the nursing program. The successful candidates will encourage and cultivate an ethos of learning where mutual respect and responsibility for the student experience is highly regarded. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- A current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State
- A Master’s Degree in a Nursing specialty
- A demonstrated record of professional and clinical nursing experience, classroom instruction, clinical and /or academic research and publication, service to nursing and scholarly development
- At least 5 years’ clinical experience as a registered professional nurse
- At least 2 years’ experience of classroom instruction, content and syllabi development and the management of student performance
- At least 2 years’ experience in teaching Medical-Surgical Nursing class content based on current curricula, NCSBN standards and NCLEX student performance
Duties and Responsibilities
- Faculty Fellow (NULTA)
- Fulfills educator role which aligns with the Niagara University School of Nursing model of curricula, student instruction and learning.
- Plans and prepares classes using effective and adaptive strategies to engage students.
- Maintains current knowledge of Niagara University and the School of Nursing academic and attendance policies.
- Actively engage in classroom instruction based on selected/assigned courses
- Student Engagement
- Supports and engages students to build confidence and competencies in preparing them for the NCLEX exam
- Designs classroom experience through the implementation of innovative lesson plans, integration of current content matter which meets the NCSBN standards
- Establishes and maintains a classroom environment conducive to student learning and development
- Maintains accurate student records based on assignments, testing modalities and assessment of student knowledge acquisition.
- Submits student grades in a timely manner
- Professional Faculty Role
- Participates in processes to provide students with support and guidance in their academic plan through advisement and coaching as appropriate
- Collaborates with School of Nursing faculty colleagues in the discussion, development, evaluation and implementation of identified courses to promote consistency in instruction and learning
- Participates in the professional development of self and colleagues involving instruction, nursing skills, attendance at University activities, in academic committees and faculty/ staff meetings, curricula development, attendance at conferences, and educational seminars and sessions.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Fellowship Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Niagara University
- Education Fellowship Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Niagara University
- Teacher Education Fellowship Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Niagara University
- Health & Medicine Fellowship Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Niagara University
- Nursing Fellowship Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Niagara University