School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management Faculty Diversity Fellow
Department of Sport and Recreation Management
Faculty Diversity Fellow
The School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management (STHM) is soliciting applicants for one (1) Faculty Diversity Fellow position. The position is non-tenure track with a focus on teaching and research and will be housed in the school’s Department of Sport and Recreation Management. The Department possesses a strong combination of research and teaching faculty, the Sport Industry Research Center (SIRC) and students across four academic programs (undergraduate, Master of Science, online Executive Master of Science, Ph.D. in Business Administration with a concentration in Sport and Tourism).
A critical initiative with STHM’s 2025 Lead, Impact and Transform Strategic Plan was the creation of an Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ODEI) with a focus on strengthening our recruitment and retention of diverse faculty and staff. In collaboration with the ODEI, this position is designed to support the development of early-career scholars who show promise of distinguished teaching-research careers in sport and recreation management and who are from sectors of the population historically underrepresented on the professorial faculties of U.S. colleges and universities. As such we are especially interested in receiving applications from individuals who are members of groups that historically have been underrepresented in the profession.
Qualified applicants must hold a PhD (or foreign equivalent) by September 1, 2021 in sport management or a related field.
Preferred applicants will have:
- Ph.D. in a Sport Management or related field (e.g., Business, Leisure Sciences, Recreation Management Studies).
- Working knowledge of relevant theories and practices in sport and recreation management.
- Training in quantitative, qualitative, and/or mixed-methods research.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out independent line(s) of research.
- Experience communicating research results via peer-reviewed publications and presentations.
- Experience communicating research to industry stakeholders.
- Experience delivering instruction of sport management or related courses at the undergraduate and/or graduate level. Including but not limited to: sport economics, sport finance, sport law, Esports, sport analytics, sport strategic management, sport and society.
- Specific experience and/or a willingness to develop and deliver online and/or hybrid courses.
Faculty Diversity Fellow opportunities include:
- Three-year faculty appointment with annual reviews from the department chairperson. There is an opportunity for the position to be converted to a tenure track faculty position based on performance and Temple University approval.
- Access to invaluable academic and professional development experiences (e.g., mentoring, collaborative research opportunities)
- Resources to advance research and teaching productivity (e.g., SIRC, Center for Advancement of Teaching (CAT), Fox School of Business online teaching certificate)
- Support to attend both internal and external professional development trainings
This appointment will begin effective July 2021. Review of applications will begin on March 5, 2021. Position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Temple University is a large urban university located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. STHM is a self-standing school, affiliated with Temple University’s Fox School of Business, which offers a Ph.D. in Business Administration with a Tourism and Sport concentration.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, diversity statement, the names and contact information of at least three references, and other relevant supporting materials (e.g., a brief statement of research interests, sample publications, prior teaching evaluations) to Dr. Elizabeth Taylor, Chair, SRM Faculty Search Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For sustainability purposes, electronic applications are strongly encouraged.
Temple University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to student, faculty and staff diversity, equity, and inclusion. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. Additional information is available from the university, college and department websites at http://www.fox.temple.edu.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: https://safety.temple.edu/reports-logs/annual-security-report . You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Other Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Recreation & Leisure Studies Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Philadelphia