English Instructor - 10 month position starting July 2021
10-month assignment period
Open Date: 02/19/21
Close Date: 03/21/21
KCTCS is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. We actively encourage applications and/or nominations of persons of color, women, veterans, persons with disabilities and other individuals.
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
- Effectively teach English courses (primarily freshman composition/ research writing, corequisite integrated reading and writing, and first year experience courses), via face-to-face, hybrid, and online instruction. Campus location may vary.
- Responsible for student learning outcomes, continuous review, assessment, and development.
- Participate in academic and student enhancement activities, including student advising.
- Maintain and improve, through professional development, competence in discipline knowledge and instructional techniques.
- Participate in internal and external service activities (college committees, system committees, community relations).
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Master’s degree in English. Community College teaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality instruction, student learning, and instructional and institutional effectiveness.
- Demonstrated effective technology skills, communication skills (written and verbal), and organizational and human relations skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the comprehensive community college concept and team management.
- Demonstrated commitment to the KCTCS/Hopkinsville Community College strategic plan.
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
Initial review of applicants will begin on 03/22/21.
Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.