Pepper Center Executive Director
The College of Social Science and Public Policy at Florida State University and the Claude Pepper Foundation seek applicants for the position of Executive Director of the Claude Pepper Center. This is a soft money, salaried position that is funded from an endowment, eligible for annual renewal. The Executive Director reports to the Dean of the College of Social Sciences and Public Policy and the Board of the Claude Pepper Foundation.
Supported by an over $10 million endowment and with dedicated space on FSU’s main campus in Tallahassee, The Claude Pepper Center’s mission is to promote the well-being, health, and retirement security of older Americans and citizens of other countries through research, policy analysis, public information, educational and advocacy initiatives. For more information see:
Pepper Center website: https://claudepeppercenter.fsu.edu/
Pepper Foundation website: https://claudepepperfoundation.org/
COSSPP website: https://coss.fsu.edu/
At least 10 years of leadership experience, with hands-on success in advancing policy, fundraising, project management, and other related administrative activities. A background working on issues related to Older Adults and Public Policy is required. A Graduate Degree is required, PhD preferred.
- Direct the overall policy, research, and outreach activities of the Claude Pepper Center.
- Oversee and direct the day to day affairs of the Center and its staff.
- Collaborate with the Pepper Institute on Aging and Public Policy, Claude Pepper Foundation, and other university organizations to advance the mission of the Center.
- Develop and strengthen relationships and partnerships with outside organizations to further the mission of the Claude Pepper Center.
- Pursue grants and endowment funds for the support of Claude Pepper Center activities and personnel.
- Lead outreach efforts of the Center, which will include organizing research and policy seminars, presenting to academic, governmental and industry groups, and publishing articles, policy briefs, Op-eds, and online content.
- Teach at least one course per year to raise the profile of the Center within the FSU campus community.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Florida State University is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. In particular, the College of Social Sciences & Public Policy seeks individuals dedicated to excellence in teaching and research with a strong commitment to equity and inclusiveness, reflective of the diversity of our student body. The successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please go to www.jobs.fsu.edu and job ID is 48519 to complete the application process. Along with applying on the FSU job site please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of at least three references. These should be submitted electronically to Claude Pepper Center Budget Manager, Monica Laughlin at email@example.com.
The application deadline for this position is June 1, 2021.