Director of Education Programs
The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you will find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
The Director of Education Programs will be responsible for all aspects of design, development, and implementation of education programs for informal and formal settings. The successful candidate will lead a team that collaborates with other departments across the organization. The successful candidate will play a lead role in the execution of on-site and digital education experiences for local, regional, and national contexts. The Director of Education Programs will also be responsible for:
- Working collaboratively across The Franklin Institute to support the educational mission
- Providing direction and set expectations for team projects and scope of work
- Managing program evaluations
- Overseeing department and project finances
- Business planning and fundraising (e.g. grant writing)
- Establishing and communicating expectations of staff, partners, budgets and timelines
- Building and sustaining strategic partnerships
- Serving as liaison with current project partners
- Guiding program sustainability after grants end
- Leading dissemination of findings through conferences, webinars, etc.
- Building capacity for sustainable revenue models for professional development (PD) related projects and initiatives
- Flexibility to assume duties as assigned related to education programming
- Master’s degree in science or education, Ph.D. preferred
- At least 8-10 years of experience creating and leading sustainable education programs, Developing and disseminating content, and building and managing partnerships
- Proven skills managing creative teams and large projects
- Experience developing and implementing grant-seeded programs
- Strong program management skills are essential
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance and disability coverage. We also offer generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.
Please visit our Careers page at https://www.fi.edu/join-our-team/job-openings or contact firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line). We look forward to hearing from you!
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Middle City West
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Middle City West
- Other Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Middle City West
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Middle City West
- Other Education Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Middle City West