Student Affairs Office Manager
TITLE: Student Affairs Office Manager (SAOM)
REPORTS TO: Special Assistant to the Vice President for Strategic Initiatives (SAVP)
REQUIREMENTS: The Student Affairs Office Manager must have a minimum of an earned Bachelor's Degree and experience multi-tasking, managing Microsoft Office applications, and working in a fast-paced office environment. Experience in working with marketing and desktop publishing platforms (Canva, Photoshop, etc) is a plus. The SAOM must have the ability to handle tasks without supervision and the ability to interact in a positive and professional manner with students, faculty, administrators, staff and the public.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Student Affairs Office Manager provides administrative support for all of the offices under the auspices of the Vice President for Strategic Initiatives including Dean of Students, Housing and Residence Life, Orientation and Leadership Development, Career Services, Student Activities, and Campus Safety and Operations. The SAOM is responsible for answering and routing calls, providing direction and service to visitors to the suite, scheduling appointments, and handling day-to-day operations of the office, including the supervision and training of the student affairs assistants.
BENEFITS: This is a full-time, 12-month, non-exempt hourly position. Salary is competitive and includes full College benefits.
- Act as a first-line resource for individuals contacting the Student Affairs division by telephone or who visit the suite in person.
- Route incoming calls, take accurate messages and manage and distribute incoming faxes.
- Provides administrative support for the Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs & Dean of Students.
- Design various student affairs correspondence including emails, newsletters, signage, and reports.
- Monitor the Ask SPOT text messaging platform.
Provide administrative assistance to the offices within the student affairs suite.
- Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments.
- Maintain office calendar.
- Manage the Housing & Residence Life key box and reprogram keys as needed.
- Facilitate "behind-the-scenes" support for events sponsored by or attended by Student Affairs (open house, orientation, move-in day, etc)
- Maintain office supplies - ordering and purchasing, subject to the approval of supervisors in the office
Provide administrative assistance to the Office of Campus Safety & Transportation.
- Administer requests for parking passes and/or reserved parking spots for visitors to the campus or campus events.
- Assist with issues regarding parking permits.
- Facilitate backend system for Daemen ID card photo uploads.
- Print daily crime report.
Provide secondary support to the Office of Conferences & Events in maintaining the EMS Calendar System for internal events. Supervise, schedule, train, and evaluate a large student assistant staff working in the student affairs suite. Other duties as assigned
For consideration submit letter of interest and resume via http://daemen.applicantpro.com. Review of applicants begins immediately.
This is a full-time, 12 month position. Benefits are available the first of the month following the full-time employee's date of hire and include health, dental, vision insurance, and fully paid life insurance. In addition, we offer fully paid long term disability insurance after 3 months of employment. Eligibility for the 403b retirement plan is available to full-time employees upon hire and an 8%employer match after one year of service. Excellent time off benefits for holidays, vacation and personal time is included. Tuition waiver benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Daemen College is an AA/EOE and strongly encourages applications for women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, people of color and candidates who will contribute to and support the cultural fluency and diversity of our campus.