Senior Multi-Media and Technical Specialist
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Sr Multi-Media & Tech Specialist reports directly to the Assistant / Associate Director of Multimedia and Tech Services; is responsible for aspects of video conferencing, web streaming, capturing, and archiving technologies as well as related classroom technologies such as video / data projectors and interactive white boards; ensures that rich media elements will be easily accessible by the internal and external community, and assist in communicating how and where they can be accessed; is responsible for setup, scheduling, and management of requested video conferences and classroom "capture" events; operates the AV routing control facility; and is required to adjust work hours to provide support after normal business hours and occasionally on weekends and holidays.
- Managing & Support Video Collaboration Platforms (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
- Responsible for setting up, facilitating, tracking, evaluating and completing audio / video streaming /video production/podcasts requests received
- Make necessary fine-tuning adjustments and configurations (hardware and software) to ensure high quality streaming, capture, encoding, and archiving to support all uses of the media
- Provide faculty and other users with the support needed to ensure their successful use of group resources in the collaboration, livestream and video production space
- Schedule, monitor, and support video conferences ensuring successful, high quality sessions and experiences
- Document use procedures and creating systems to ease use and minimize training or expertise needed by end users
- Enhancing and maintain web design aspects of department
- Work with other groups and professionals to coordinate services and support offering quality experience for users
- Instruct and mentor Student Workers
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of AV distribution, Video Collaboration setup and management
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually
- Technical background and skills
- Knowledge of basic web development
- Strong customer service and support orientation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to be creative when developing solutions to requests for new services and functionality
- Programming skills in Windows & IOS platforms.
- Some IT troubleshooting skills
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Lifting demands ≤ 25lbs
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of K. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin when a suitable candidate pool is identified.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Philadelphia