The Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences is seeking a full-time postdoctoral associate position in the Jiang lab. The primary responsibility of this position is to conduct experiments to understand the factors and mechanisms that control the development, differentiation, and growth of intramuscular adipocytes in cattle. Additional responsibilities of this position include analyzing data, writing manuscripts, and preparing presentations. This position will be supervised by Dr. Honglin Jiang in the Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences at Virginia Tech.
* Ph.D. degree in Animal Science or a related area. The Ph.D. degree must be awarded no more than four years prior to the effective date of appointment with a minimum of one-year eligibility remaining.
* Experience with cellular, molecular and genomic procedures (e.g., cell isolation and culture, transfection, flow cytometry, real-time PCR, western blot, ChIP-seq), and basic statistics.
* Knowledge of skeletal muscle and adipose tissue biology
* First-author publication in a peer-reviewed biological journal
* Experience with bioinformatics
Commensurate with experience
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Honglin Jiang at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: February 18, 2021
Applications close: April 16, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Veterinary Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg