Football Recruiting Assistant - Communications
The University of Colorado Athletic Department encourages applications for a Football Recruiting Assistant! This position will work under the supervision of the Director of Player Personnel to aid the recruiting efforts of CU Boulder's Football Program. This position supports student-athlete recruitment by collaborating with the Football recruiting staff and coaches to plan and execute the football programs communication process.
Key aspects of the work include coordinating note and letter writing, leading use of social media as well as digital communication, using third party recruiting tools and platforms, and managing communication patterns efficiency.
This position will assist in all other aspects of football prospect recruitment that includes virtual visit opportunities with high school prospects and families, campus visit, all recruiting events and programs, and the tracking and monitoring of prospects.
Additionally, this position is responsible for promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program. This shall include adhering to the principles of the Athletic Department’s Mission Statement, Diversity and Inclusion Mission Statement, Core Values, Policies and Procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, the Pac 12 Conference and the NCAA.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region—our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff, and students work with the broader community to establish outstanding connections that have lasting outcomes—both across Colorado and around the world.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Create and Execute Football Prospect Communication Plan:
- Plan and build all aspects of a comprehensive prospect communication plan using all staff and resources.
- Build individual plans tailored to prospects based on their specific needs and situations.
- Assure that the communication plan and all methods adhere to NCAA by-laws and recruiting calendars.
Manage and Track Communication Types:
- Create various types of communication based on emerging trends, techniques and technologies.
- Collaborate closely with social media partners to create efficiencies by using products and technologies.
- Use all relevant program, department, campus and partner resources in communication with prospects.
- Assist in the graphic artist job planning and prioritizing to meet timelines and themes.
Evaluate Communication Plan:
- Evaluate all communication types for effectiveness and accuracy.
- Assure the documentation and tracking of all communication with prospects in recruiting database.
- Assist/participate in the ideation and creation of all recruiting collaterals and materials.
- Assist in the assurance of accurate and up-to-date prospect and family data.
Campus Visits and High School Relations:
- Assist with planning and execution of unofficial and official recruit visits to campus.
- Assist with planning and execution of virtual visits and virtual programming.
- Host prospective student-athletes during home football games.
- Correspond with HS counselors and coaches to secure prospect information and transcripts.
What We Can Offer
- The salary for this position is $35,568.
- Additional Compensation Details:
- Relocation is available within department guidelines. Additional Athletics benefits include: Athletic Event Tickets: Per Athletic Department Policy and NCAA regulations, Nike Elite Employee Benefit: Per Nike Elite Policy. Supplemental camp pay: per Athletic Department Summer Camp Policy.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Adaptable. Be Game-Changing. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education or experience.
What You Will Need
- Ability to communicate effectively, and work collaboratively with football coaches and staff, as well as department personnel.
- Ability to set goals and support intent with effective planning, adjustments and evaluation.
- Ability to use various recruiting software and platforms to improve efficiencies and create margins.
- Ability to determine and track coaches and staff communication with prospects.
- Ability to work with focus and diligence to meet position responsibilities and expectations.
- Ability to communicate professionally, orally and in writing.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience working in a Power Five football program with direct experience with football student-athlete recruitment.
- Experience with creating and facilitating communication plans for prospective student-athletes and on-campus visitation programs and events.
- Experience with relationship building with both prospects as well as their parents and families.
- Experience and proficiency with various recruiting platforms.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by February 22, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com