The Division of Continuing Education and Professional Studies (Continuing Education) seeks a full-time Communication Specialist to extend the resources of the University of Colorado at Boulder by providing programming and learning opportunities to a wide range of students.
The role is primarily responsible for crafting communications and managing content for multiple programming areas. This position also works in concert with other program managers throughout the Division of Continuing Education.
The Communication Specialist will also be responsible for the creation and management of web content and social media. The position will investigate, strategize, and implement new technologies for tracking results and optimizing strategic communication efforts. This position does not have any direct reports.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Mission of the Division of Continuing Education is to provide quality, innovative lifelong learning opportunities to a diverse student population by extending the educational resources of the University of Colorado Boulder.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Strategic External Communications
- Work collaboratively to create clear and accurate content for a variety of communication channels. This includes, but is not limited to, the Division's websites, program brochures, advertising, social media, email, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Support a comprehensive communications calendar for CE program web content, campus news, advertising, and social media.
- Maintain website campaigns and key sections of CE-owned websites and implement new web features.
- Craft regular articles to highlight the student experience, faculty expertise, and the benefits of Continuing Education programs.
- Utilize current and new technologies to maintain monthly web analytic reports and assess the effectiveness of these communications, as well as assisting in investigating and implementing new digital communication opportunities.
- Develop, distribute, and evaluate information about Continuing Education’s opportunities, announcements, and institutional benefits via campus communication channels.
- Maintain a cooperative and productive working relationship with other communications professionals on the Boulder campus, within the University System, and peer institutions.
- Work with communications colleagues to share and repurpose Continuing Education news as it pertains to main campus communications.
- Work with program managers (in coordination with the Assistant Director of Marketing and the CRM and Marketing Automation Specialist) to build coordinated email marketing communications with current and prospective students and expand the use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) communications.
Division Social Media
- Manage, maintain, and grow our social channels and digital engagement strategy.
- Be pro-active in utilizing current and new technologies to generate analytic reports and assess the effectiveness of social media efforts.
- Investigate and incorporate methods to leverage other online communication tools to complement existing communications efforts.
Other duties as assigned by the Communications Manager.
What We Can Offer
The hiring pay range is $45,000-$60,000 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Effective. Be Innovative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- A Bachelors's degree and 1 year of relevant experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute on a year for year basis.
- Experience with social content publishing tools, like Hootsuite.
- Experience writing HTML for email.
What You Will Need
- Verbal and written communication skills are required, including the ability to synthesize information in a clear and concise manner.
- Interpersonal, creative, and organizational skills.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines, track project progress, and communicate scheduling challenges.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Attention to detail and ability to work constructively with others to mitigate any perceived data (or other) issues.
What We Would Like You To Have
Experience with the following:
- Marketing and communication of adult education or higher education.
- CRM tools and email marketing.
- Knowledge of multiple social media platforms in a professional setting.
- Working in an academic environment, community organization, or non-profit.
- Ability to work as a member of a team including sharing responsibility or taking leadership of parts of the project as appropriate and responding well to feedback.
- Familiarity with CU Boulder and/or the CU System.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by February 24, 2021, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu