The Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado Boulder encourages applications for a HR Generalist ! This position serves as a strategic business partner to a select number of units within Leeds, and will be the point person for HR queries along with the student employee workforce. This role will build relationships with the specific units to proactively partner with the managers to forward plan their needs and approach. This includes being the point of contact to answer questions about payroll, leave management, recruitment, hiring, onboarding, employee relations, separations and performance management. The HR Generalist will be accountable for crafting and implementing strategies at Leeds for Internal Communications, and Employee Engagement.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Located at one of the top-ranked research universities in the country, the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado at Boulder combines innovative teaching and pioneering research in a diverse academic environment. Additional information about the Leeds School is available at leeds.colorado.edu.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
HR Department Liaison
- Act as a Business Partner for selected units.
- Proactively meet with all managers/chairs at least bi-weekly to discuss their people approach and upcoming support needs.
- Main contact for all HR queries for allocated departments including payroll, leave management, recruitment, onboarding, separations and performance management.
- Advisor to managers within specified units for any employee relations issues.
- Review of relevant payroll lines to ensure that all employees are paid accurately.
- Review of bi-weekly and monthly leave records for relevant classified, University and temporary staff.
Employee Engagement Strategy
- Accountable for creation and implementation of an employee engagement approach including strategy, metrics, calendar and hosting initiatives on a consistent basis.
- Integrate this approach into the culture of Leeds and work in partnership with the HR Director for securing this approach.
- Help increase employee engagement across Leeds, and to cultivate a culture of a phenomenal place to work along with positive spirit of Life at Leeds.
- Assist with the development and execution of the International Communication strategy for all employees at Leeds.
- Understand the communications needs and preferences of employees today and providing solutions to support these desires. This would result in communication on a minimum of a bi-weekly basis to employees.
- Accountable for driving this strategy with the purpose of crafting a clear and open work environment.
- Key employee relations advisor supporting in answering queries, sharing information and providing guidance related to CU guidelines, procedures, policies and working approach.
- Act as a mentor to supervisors regarding how to best support employees and optimally navigate challenging employment situations. This individual maintains knowledge of current employment law and integrates that knowledge with standard methodology and a Leeds value-based approach when providing advice to both employees and managers.
- Oversight of the student employee lifecycle including hiring, payroll, leave management, separations.
- Collaborate with the Senior HR Coordinator to ensure the consistent student employee experience within Leeds.
- Ensure awareness and compliance with student employee hiring approach across all departments.
- Various HR support tasks which includes, but is not limited to:
- Support the overall HR department with any additional needs such as reporting, analysis, etc.
- Staying up to date with rules and regulations pertaining to HR processes and policies within CU as well as employment law.
- Member of the Leeds HR team by attending and participating in various meetings and trainings.
What We Can Offer
Salary range is $54,000 -$68,000. Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Effective. Be Resourceful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of experience in an HR generalist capacity.
What You Will Need
- Passion for having a People focused approach, supporting the ability for others to perform their roles to the best of their ability.
- Proactive approach in creating partnerships with various partners and embodying a situational mentality to support business partners based on their individual needs.
- Ability to influence and persuade other partners.
- Experienced in creating and facilitating training to a wide range of audience.
- Ability to build, implement and follow-up HR strategies in a work environment.
- Experience advising in employment relations situations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written.
- High degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven attention to detail and accuracy as well as organizational skills.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills.
- Proven critical thinking skills, analytical ability, judgment, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Prioritize tasks to meet multiple monthly due dates.
- Motivated, pro-active and willing to take initiative.
- Ability to work in a team environment, we grow together.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience working in HR in a Higher Education setting.
- Experience coaching and advising on employee relations situations.
- 5 or more years of experience as an HR generalist or HR manager.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by March 3, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder