About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community including people of color, recent immigrants and nontraditional populations. The College mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Non-Unit Professional, Full-Time Position
Supervision Received: Interim reporting to the Executive Vice President for Compliance and Operations.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for developing and executing all aspects of the biweekly payroll process in compliance with federal and state law and college policies. Working with assistance from HR and the Business Office, the Manager ensures all aspects of the full and part-time employee payrolls, to include adjunct faculty and work study payrolls, are executed and that timely and accurate payroll projections are supported by appropriate documentation satisfying internal control measures and external audit standards are complete. The Manager is also the primary point of contact for employees regarding all matters related to payroll.
- Prepares and administers on-line payroll using the Commonwealth Human Resources/Compensation Management System (HR/CMS), including position entry in HR/CMS;
- Assists in the preparation of labor costs projections on payroll accounts for annual budget and provides periodic status reports and updates;
- Develops and maintains payroll related reports; completes required reporting process as required by state or federal agencies; develops and runs warehouse reports as needed or required;
- Serves as liaison to the Payroll Division of State Comptroller's Office, Payroll Division of State Treasurer's Office, and other payroll agencies;
- Assists employees with all payroll issues;
- Overseeing the processing of all full and part-time personnel action requests;
- Analyze payroll reports for errors and initiate corrective action;
- Participates in employee onboarding and exit processes;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of State of Massachusetts systems, preferably HR/CMS, MassHR SSTA, MMARS, LCM, DocDirect/Luminist, CIW Warehouse.
- Mastery of payroll administration including federal and state rules and regulations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Access.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and policies and procedures documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain harmonious working relationships with a wide variety of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and organize work responsibilities effectively.
- Demonstrated skills with accounting principles and administration of on-line payroll systems.
- Analytical ability and independent problem resolution skills.
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related field and five years' experience in a progressive full-time position is preferred.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery.
Starting salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. The position includes a broad benefits package.
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 References
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Grants & Contracts Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston