Outstanding opportunity to be a part of a diverse, engaged, and student-centered community. Washtenaw Community College (WCC) strives to make a positive difference in people’s lives through accessible and excellent educational programs and services.
Washtenaw Community College (WCC) is in beautiful Ann Arbor,
MI. WCC offers excellent compensation including an
outstanding benefit package.
• Comprehensive Health, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance provided at a low premium cost
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Paid Tuition to any college or university
• Top Tier Retirement Plan with up to a 12% college contribution
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
This position manages internal client marketing relationships to conceptualize and develop marketing materials for various college departments/divisions as assigned.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform project intake and discovery; understand and align on goals. objectives and key performance indicators, and provide solutions and tactics based on strategy.
• Provide creative and strategic direction for publications, print advertising and collateral, digital media and photography in the generation of projects, ensuring maintenance of marketing objective and themes. Maintains appropriate strategic planning and production consultations with leadership.
• Coordinate the work of the production teams, including graphic designers, copy writers, photographers, web team and multimedia producers in the production of materials from conceptualization to delivery, setting timelines, deadlines, production schedules and budget allocations for each project.
• Attend and contribute to weekly production meetings for new project and ongoing project evaluation. Ensure proper distribution of materials both online and in print.
• Write copy for print, social media, traditional media and web, including but not limited to advertisements, brochures, blogs, email, mailers, newsletters, radio and tv spots, social media posts, web content and video.
• Perform email marketing tasks including writing content, generating target audiences, email development and deployment.
• Maintain a schedule of and status report for all ongoing and upcoming marketing projects and report on a weekly basis to leadership as well as having such information available for managing tactics and working with production team.
• Keep a record of all marketing projects that have been employed on behalf of the college, including detailed budgets associated with such campaigns. Work closely with leadership to maintain a current accounting of all executed and planned expenditures.
• Collect and interpret project data and key performance indicators, report results and provide recommendations/refinements.
• Serve as a peer reviewer of all marketing collateral and campaigns for the college to ensure accuracy and consistency of marketing tactics.
• Oversee the production of accurate mailing lists for all marketing campaigns for the college and work to ensure that such lists are appropriate and compelling for employing college marketing tactics.
• In collaboration with leadership and other members of the divisional team, coordinate work-flow systems, policies, and procedures for the marketing unit.
• Perform market research on a project basis, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Work Environment: Combination of remote, off campus events, and on campus—the successful candidate must have internet access, appropriate technologies and reliable transportation needed to successfully perform all duties of the position and meet expectations and deadlines. This is subject to change based on college operations.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• At least five (5) years’ experience in marketing, or a marketing related field.
• Exemplary professional written and oral communication skills are required along with an understanding of marketing.
• Ability to take client requirements and translate them into marketing strategies and tactics.
• Demonstrated ability to self-manage, prioritize projects, and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven office environment.
• Strong project management experience.
• Ability to work proactively, collaboratively and harmoniously with the Marketing and Communications team, vendors, partners and stakeholders.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Exceptional and demonstrated writing skills across a broad range of media and according to AP Style.
• Experience in higher education marketing and communications across multiple divisions including but not limited to academic, presidential, foundation, and student activities.
• Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) systems, such as Genoo, TargetX, SalesForce, or other related platform.
• Experience managing budgets.
• Experience with a broad range of marketing tactics including but not limited to print, digital, email, social media, web, video, radio, and events.
• Advertising agency experience.
• Higher education experience.
• Experience in project management software, such as SmartSheet, Wrike, or other related software.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Ann Arbor
- Business & Management Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Ann Arbor
- Management Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Ann Arbor
- Marketing & Sales Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Ann Arbor