Job Summary/Basic Function
Install and maintain passenger elevators, equipment hoists, dumbwaiters; fire and intrusion alarms, signaling devices, detection equipment; emergency lights, signals, and notification devices; electrical circuits, switches, receptacles, motors, water pump controls and various other electrical devices. Perform daily inspection of elevators and fire detection systems. Read and follow wire and schematic diagrams. Coordinate work with schedules of building occupants, communication staff, equipment suppliers and trades foremen. Adhere to proper care of tools/equipment, and safety practices. Perform record keeping, inventory control, and materials requisitioning. Assist other trades staff including carpenters, electricians. HVAC and outside vendors.
Salary range is $35,364 to $42,445, commensurate with experience, plus comprehensive benefits including tuition waiver for self and dependents.
• Four years’ experience in the electrical trade, OR completion of an approved apprenticeship; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training
• Ability to troubleshoot, service, repair, modify and replace fire alarm systems and components
• Basic working knowledge or NFPA
• Experience with wet, dry and pre-action systems
• Basic PC proficiency.
• Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication skills.
• Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Successful interview.
• Successful completion of three background checks.
• Successful pre-employment physical and back screen
• 2-3 years field experience at testing, inspecting, and troubleshooting systems
• Comprehensive knowledge of NFPA, NEC, and local applicable codes
• Experience with Siemens panels
• NICET certification
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is considered an essential employee. For a definition of an essential employee go to