Posting Number S01358 Position Title Accounting Associate Internal Position Title Accounting Associate Department Finance Department Position Type Staff Job Family Classified Job Summary
The College of Lake County is looking for an Accounting Associate. This position reconciles the College’s general ledgers with the corresponding bank statements.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. A minimum of one year of complex bank reconciliation experience.
2. College level course work in accounting and/or finance.
3. Previous accounting experience.
4. Above average Excel spreadsheet skills.
5. Ability to handle confidential information in a prudent manner.
6. Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
7. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Previous fund accounting experience.
2. Bilingual in Spanish and English
Posting Date 03/03/2021 Closing Date 03/10/2021 Expected Start Date 05/01/2021 Special Instructions Summary Pay Rate $16.88/Hr. Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
Monday – Friday, Hours 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Software Testing Required Excel, MS Word, Outlook Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Payments/Reconciliations/Reporting – 70%
• Performs monthly bank reconciliation’s and reconciliation of all special accounts maintained by the college.
• Interfunds reconciliation of the general ledger
• Work with bank representatives on banking inquiries.
• Work with the month-end accounting closing.
• Reconcile credit cards and credit card chargebacks.
Department Operations/Processes – 15%
• Works in maintaining the outstanding check registers.
• Reviews bank reconciliations to write journal entries to correct reconciling items.
• Performs internal audits of departmental cash handling (bookstore, food service, library, box office, traffic safety, etc.).
• Prepare the daily cash flow statements.
Student/Customer Service – 4%
• Performs clerical duties as necessary.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Other – 11%
• File and submit Unclaimed Property to various states using third party software.
• File and submit sales tax to the State of Illinois.
• Assist in the year-end closing.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a minimum of one year of complex bank
- * Do you have college level course work in accounting and/or
- * Do you have previous accounting experience?
- * Do you have above average Excel spreadsheet skills?
- * Do you have previous fund accounting experience?
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake