Senior Human Resources Administrator
University Code 23221 University Title HR Generalist 1-3, Sr. HR Generalist 1-3 University Job Family Human Resources ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Local Working Title Senior Human Resources Administrator Position Number 004350 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Development Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
In 2020, Development and Alumni Relations completed the largest fundraising campaign in VCU’s history, with donors contributing $841.6 million. The Make It Real Campaign for VCU funded the critical initiatives that will become points of distinction for VCU long into the future.
The office of Development and Alumni Relations ( DAR ) is seeking an experienced and poised Senior Human Resources Administrator responsible for the day-to-day management of HR operations. Reporting to the Director of Talent Management, the Sr. HR Administrator will act as the first point of contact for HR-related inquiries from staff, managers and external partners in the areas of talent acquisition, compensation, leave administration, compliance, timekeeping, and training.
As the Senior Human Resources Administrator, you will:
- Provide highly skilled technical expertise in the administration of HR processes and serve as the first point of contact for HR related inquires;
- Manage the talent acquisition process for all wage and university staff hires including position establishment, advertising, candidate selection, on-boarding and training;
- Provide sound consultation to managers on VCU compensation practices supportive of Working@VCU: “Great Place” HR Policies;
- Work with employees, managers and leadership to complete performance management tasks by university deadlines;
- Provide guidance for working through initial concerns with employee conduct or performance;
- Manage the talent transition process ensuring timely and accurate completion of all related actions;
- Provide FMLA, general leave and timekeeping administration;
- Coordinate with DAR’s internal communications specialist to ensure timely and accurate dissemination of pertinent HR updates and information;
- Ensure the relevant HR databases are up to date, accurate and comply with VCU, state and federal policies.
As a collaborative team member, you will:
-Maintain and encourage open and honest professional relationships within the team and throughout DAR and VCU ;
-Establish, cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with internal constituencies;
-Collaborate with your peers and stakeholders to add to DAR’s collective innovative thinking;
-Align your values with DAR’s core purpose and values.
Minimum Hiring Standards
-Bachelor’s degree in human resources, organizational development or related field, and a minimum of 3 years of progressive professional experience in HR or equivalency.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures in multiple areas of HR, such as benefits, compensation, employee relations, recruitment, succession, HRIS .
- Sound knowledge of and ability to perform multiple HR functions.
- Ability to synthesize information, provide advice, and address needs independently.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local policies and regulations.
-Outstanding listening and communication skills, both written and oral.
-Excellent organizational and leadership skills with the ability to demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence.
-Excellent creative problem-solving skills.
-Superior interpersonal skills.
-Adaptable, proactive, deadline-driven, results-oriented, highly organized and detail-oriented.
-Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities within a fast-paced, performance-based professional environment.
-Self-starter, able to work with general direction and exercise independent judgment.
-High degree of professionalism while maintaining complete confidentiality.
- Ability to conduct activities and make decisions according to ethical standards.
- Ability to analyze and present information and maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately and with discretion.
-Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team. Complete tasks without immediate supervision. Work with senior leaders to accomplish goals.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
-Ability to manage multiple requests and use excellent judgment for making priority-based decisions.
-Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a university professional at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM or other related certification.
- Knowledge of University human resources and related policies.
- Preference will be given to current VCU employees.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with experience Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 02/17/2021 Posting will close on or before 03/05/2021 Open Until Filled No Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103661 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of experience in Human Resources do you have?
- Less than 1 year
- From 1-2 years
- More than 2 years
- * Briefly describe your education or experience in human
resources relevant to this vacancy.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond