Public Safety Officer
St. Catherine University invites applications fortwo Public
Safety Officerpositions in itsPublic Safety
Public Safety Officers are responsible for providing excellent customer service to students, staff, and visitors, and for creating and maintaining a safe and secure campus community. Our officers also effectively handle occasional emergency/crisis situations such as severe weather, medical emergencies, assaults, and fire. The Public Safety Department takes a proactive approach to campus safety, and has officers on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
One position will work 30.75 hours per week, Sunday-Thursday (11pm – 7am).
One position will work 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, (12pm – 8pm).
*Please note the above schedules are tentative.
Employees at St. Kate’s feel a deep connection to the University’s Mission and Vision, and they love that they can live their values at work. The starting pay rate for this full time, non-exempt position is $16-$17/hour (with shift differential), with excellent benefits, including:
- Free Tuition (tuition remission) is available at St. Kate’s for
employees and their families
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement contributions
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Six weeks of paid parental leave
Employees receive uniforms and safety gear, paid on the job training and opportunities for career advancement.
- Respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures,
in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of
individuals, families and communities.
- Provide effective response, investigation, and documentation of
unusual or criminal incidents, medical emergencies, and fire
- Effective patrol of buildings and grounds.
- Locking and unlocking buildings according to designated
- Responding to calls for assistance and providing escort
- Enforcing parking regulations.
- As a dispatcher, handle incoming calls and monitor
- Conduct routine safety inspections of buildings and grounds
usingOSHAand other regulatory
- Provide point-to-point service per University shuttle transportation schedule in designated University vehicle.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats. Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma orGED
- Three months of experience in customer service, community
engagement or volunteer work
- Current driver’s license and an acceptable driving
- PC experience
- Experience working in security/law enforcement
- Current First Aid andCPR,AED, orEMRtraining
St. Catherine University seeks creative, flexible staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. People who self-identify as women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who speak to these themes. EEO Statement
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at email@example.com or 651-690-6565.Application instructions for STAFF
Visit https://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/postings/search to apply. Three references are required for employment. An offer will require fingerprinting and criminal history (background) investigation. In addition, the candidate hired must meet University vehicle driving certification qualifications. For more information, please contact Anthony Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will close on 3/4/21.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *How many months of experience do you
have in customer service, community engagement, or volunteer work?
- Less than one month
- 1 month
- 2 months
- 3 months
- 3 or more months
- *Do you have a current driver's
license and acceptable driving record?
- *Do you have PC experience?
- *Are you presently legally authorized
to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware
that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates
who are authorized to work in the United States.
- *St. Catherine University welcomes
applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you
now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
- Cover Letter