Administrative Associate III, College of Business
The College of Business invites applications for an Administrative Associate III position . This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Dean’s Suite reception area for the Gallagher Business Building and the College of Business.
Other job duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Works closely with the Dean’s Executive Assistant to plan the Dean’s Business Advisory Council and Student Advisory Council several times throughout the year.
- Produces materials for board meetings.
- Manages the COB Apartment.
- Dean’s Business Advisory Council planning and execution.
- Assists the Associate Dean with tasks as requested (travel, reports, correspondence, setting meetings).
- Works closely with the Dean’s Office to coordinate, arrange rooms and hosts for Open House events.
- Executes mass mailings from the dean’s office to donors and other COB contacts.
- Works closely with the dean’s office to coordinate all COB events that take place throughout the year.
- Events – assist with dean’s office events; planning and execution
- COB website updates and maintenance – dean’s office pages, handbook, and directories.
- Creates and updates email distribution lists as needed.
- Manages the in-house database for the COB directory, web directory, and floor directories.
- Maintains inventory and orders office supplies as necessary.
- Manages phone lines/orders/repairs for the COB.
- Onboarding of new employees – assigns keys, assists with hiring paperwork and access to online programs.
- Manager for dean’s office procard holders – creates the report and assists the Associate Dean with review.
- Manages travel paperwork for the Associate Dean and makes travel arrangements as requested.
- Accreditation – assist Associate Dean with data collection and input for CIR report (manages Sedona).
- Manages guest offices and parking.
This position requires incumbent to develop a working knowledge of the College and University and the roles performed by others in the unit and across campus; working knowledge of and ability to use University software systems (Banner, UMDW, etc.) for data viewing and collection; and a working knowledge of FERPA regulations; proficient use of Sedona and creating reports for the Associate Dean for accreditation and faculty personnel projects; working knowledge of processing travel requests, approval, reconciliation, and reports for faculty and staff; proficiency in AACSB Accreditation preparation and reports.
- A high degree of professionalism and customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including diplomacy required to function effectively in a dynamic & interdependent team environment
- Demonstrated experience in a professional office setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Office software applications, and specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, One-Note, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn and use new technologies as needed.
- Ability to work with highly sensitive, confidential information; skill to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work proactively and independently, but also collaborate with a team
- Proven ability to problem-solve, set priorities, pay close attention to detail and successfully meet deadlines
- Demonstrated organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills and ability to meet deadlines in a busy environment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communications with a widely diverse population including faculty, administrators, students, and staff internally as well as throughout campus, and the general public from within the city, state, and country as well international clientele
- Experience interacting with senior-level managers and executives
- Ability to learn and use new technology and programs as needed
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional office practice and procedures; business English, spelling, composition, and grammar, including the ability to write, edit, and layout documents in a variety of formats suitable for the intended audience;
- Demonstrated skill and ability to operate standard office equipment: printers, copiers, fax machine, multi-line phone system
Minimum Required Experience
- High school diploma (or equivalency) in addition to three (3) years of closely related experience; or any combination of experience and education that provides the competencies necessary to successfully discharge the duties and responsibilities assigned to the position.
About the College of Business, UM , and Missoula
The College of Business at the University of Montana creates transformative, integrated, and student-centric learning experiences, propelling our students to make immediate and sustained impact on business and society. We nurture our students’ innate work ethic to develop confident problem solvers and ethical decision makers. We pursue thought leadership and collectively create opportunities for a better life for our students, faculty, and staff.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- The State of Montana
Position Title: Administrative Associate III
Position Number: 077660
Department: College of Business
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year,
Salary: $14.105/hr - Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS - MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Monday, March 15, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Candidates are required to submit the following materials online via "New Resume/CV" button below
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Need additional help? Check out our UM Jobs FAQ website.
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner