Business Systems Analyst, Information Technology
The Information Technology department invites applications for a Business Systems Analyst (Computer Systems Analyst II) to join their team. This position will report to the Manager of Business Information Systems in Information Technology (IT), and be part of a team that helps departments identify, plan, and implement business process improvements using technology systems in IT. In this role, you will provide departments consultative help in increasing efficiencies in their office using various business/enterprise systems.
Responsibilities include project management, business process analysis/re-engineering, analysis and documentation of both current and the future state of business processes. This position will help identify new system requirements, report specifications, functional specifications for system use cases, functional testing, leading the development of an appropriate training strategy and supporting materials. In addition, the incumbent will work with the operational management of new systems to design and establish an ongoing business systems analysis support strategy, supported by documented policies and procedures for the operational system.
This position requires the incumbent to develop a working knowledge of the University of Montana business organizational leadership, structure, operations, business systems, processes and procedures. The candidate is also expected to be able to develop and articulate a roadmap of business improvement recommendations across the university as well as demonstrate an improved relationship model with University of Montana leadership and staff.
- Proven ability to perform business and systems analysis work; conduct requirements analysis via information gathering sessions with business users, technical staff, students, and clients to define business requirements.
- Thorough understanding of conducting analysis and documentation of existing business processes and identify/recommend process improvement opportunities.
- Proven experience in a training/leadership role - assist in the development of training materials and conduct technical training sessions with functional users to improve adoption and effective use of relevant technologies products
- Ability to provide a solution-based approach to all challenges and execute a quantitative approach to solution design and documentation
- Expert level skills with MS Office applications such as Excel, Visio and Word
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable speaking and presenting to large audiences and the ability to communicate in both a technical and business manner depending on the target audience
- Proven technical writing skills and ability to produce quality documentation for technical support staff
- Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to document, plan, and manage large sized technical projects.
- Strong ability to work in a team of diverse individuals and to share knowledge with peers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated knowledge of data management, systems design, and application development.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in relational databases such as Oracle or an equivalent
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and productive business relationships with others
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, time-management, and organizational skills to complete tasks with critical deadlines while paying attention to detail
- Ability to follow and apply the University of Montana and departmental policies and procedures
Minimum Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, CIS, Business, or a related Technical field or four (4) years of related work experience; or any combination of experience and education that provides the competencies necessary to successfully discharge the duties and responsibilities assigned to the position
- Experience in working with a Student, Human Resources, or Finance information system of a higher education institution
- PMP Certification
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role working with ERP/CRM systems
- Demonstrated experience implementing Document Management Systems, Workflow systems, or related systems
About the Information Technology (IT) department and UM
Central IT provides computing, network, and telecommunications infrastructure, supports enterprise level software, and offers a range of technology support services for the Missoula campus.. The organization also coordinates with the other Montana University System campuses, the local community, and the State of Montana to ensure consistency of offerings and policy. IT at the University of Montana is led by a Chief Information Officer (CIO), who reports to UM's President and sits on the President's cabinet and council of vice presidents.
The University of Montana provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its essential values of innovation and creativity, impact, openness, and partnership.
Nestled in at the base of Mount Sentinel and on the banks of the Clark Fork River, UM campus is described as one of the most beautiful in the US. The region boasts unparalleled year around recreational opportunities and a vibrant arts and culture community. UM offers a unique opportunity for professional growth in a magnificent environment. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
UM provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. Located in the heart of western Montana’s stunning natural landscape, UM attracts first rate teachers, researchers, and students from around the world. A city within a city – with its own eateries, stores, medical facilities, banking and postal services, and zip code – UM has an increasingly diverse population and rich culture.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Business Systems Analyst (Computer Systems Analyst II)
Position Number: 412000
Department: Information Technology – Enterprise Information Systems
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Thursday , March 4, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner