Automotive Technology Faculty, Full-Time
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions.
The College's Business Administration department is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time, tenure track Automotive Technology Faculty starting in the Fall 2020 academic year. The Business Administration Department includes a variety of degrees and certificates in the areas of Automotive Technology, Business Leadership, General Business, Accounting, Culinary Arts, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Fashion Merchandising and Marketing, and Technical Studies. The department strives to meet the needs of all students interested in obtaining an education in these areas and is focused on preparing professionals, entrepreneurs, and business leaders for successful careers. Many of our students transfer to some of the best business schools in the Philadelphia area while others move directly into new jobs or progress in their current career paths. We are in the process of building a new state-of-the-art automotive facility and significantly expanding our transportation technology programming. Once a manufacturer's agreement is finalized, this position will play a key role in developing a Toyota T-TEN associate's degree program.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field required.
• Seven (7) years of leadership experience in all phases of computer operations required.
• Three (3) years of senior management experience in computer operations required.
• Experience with IT planning, and system design/implementation and management of technical personnel required.
• Experience leading the strategic planning and administration of information technology required.
• Previous experience using an enterprise wide system required.
• Ability to define user needs, develop and implement information systems and develop staff required.
• Strong collaboration skills and customer service orientation required.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and decision-making required.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to clearly present technical material to non-technical staff required.
• Ability to drive change and innovation to support organizational goals and objectives.
• Strong written and oral communications skills required.
• Ability to juggle shifting priorities and multiple demanding projects.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.