Allied Health Faculty, Part-Time
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
The Department of Allied Health invites applications for part-time instructors for the 2020-2021 academic year.
The Department consists of the following select AAS degree programs: Dental Hygiene; Diagnostic Medical Imaging, Health Care Studies, Health Services Management, Medical Lab Technology, and Respiratory Care Technology. In addition to the degree programs, the Department offers four proficiency certificates in the following areas: Ophthalmic Technician, Medical Assisting, Medical Insurance Billing and Patient Service Representative. Allied health courses, are offered on the College's main campus, the Northeast Regional Center and the Northwest Regional Center campuses.
• Teach courses in allied health that include but are not limited to: an introductory course to health care professions, medical terminology, medical law and ethics, and reimbursement methodologies. Must be able to deliver content in an online/remote format.
• Participate in course/program assessment, student mentoring and recruitment.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Prepare and deliver instruction to students in assigned modalities (including classroom, hybrid, online, etc.). Prepare and submit required documentation including course syllabi, student attendance, final course grades, and other information as requested or required by the college. Maintain and disseminate current information pertaining to services available to students throughout the college.
• Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to further the goals and objectives of the College and the program.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College's faculty, staff and students.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Provide feedback to students in matters related to academic success in a timely manner.
• Remain current in the use of technology, developments within the field of discipline, and developments related to teaching and student success.
• Master's degree in a health-related field.
• A minimum of two years teaching experience in college setting.
• Minimum of three years' recent work experience in a health care setting.
Special Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
• Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's degree in a health-related field?
- * Do you have a minimum of two years teaching experience in
- * Do you have a minimum of three years' recent work experience
in a health care setting?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- The Chronicle
- Job Fair
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note
the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)