University of Idaho
Division/College: Facilities Management
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $22.66 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Under general supervision of the Plumbing Shop Supervisor, the Journeyman Plumber/Pipe Fitter/Steam Fitter is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing all plumbing and mechanical heating and cooling piping systems inside campus buildings.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Complete a minimum four year apprenticeship program in plumbing and/or pipe fitting trade.
- Experience safely using tools, materials, and equipment typical in the plumbing/pipe fitting trade.
- Experience installation, maintenance, and repair of plumbing and mechanical systems in commercial structures.
- Experience steam pipe fitting, plumbing, basic electric, pump maintenance, air compressor maintenance, experience with a wide variety of mechanical equipment, handheld and power tools, ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems and make appropriate repairs.
- Experience with drawings, interpreting blue prints, and schematics.
- Three years’ experience working on plumbing and steam related systems, valves, pumps, motors, gear boxes, hydronic systems, bearings, belts, compressors, filters, and air dryers.
- Experience following safety protocol.
- Experience responding calmly in stressful situations.
- HVAC, Refrigeration, Asbestos Abatement Certification, Welding Certifications, and Controls Logic and Programming.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Must lift, carry and/or otherwise move 70 pounds, bend, stoop, lift, crawl, and work in extreme weather and temperature conditions.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and at heights and use/wear appropriate personal protective equipment including full face respirator.
Posting Number: SP002715P
Posting Date: 02/12/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by 3/1/2021 will receive first consideration.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.