Assistant Professor - Accounting and Law
Assistant Professor - Tenure-Track
Accounting and Law
Robert B. Willumstad School of Business
The Department of Accounting & Law seeks applications for two full time tenure track positions in accounting in the rank of Assistant Professor, to start in the Fall semester beginning August 2021. The Department offers an undergraduate major and a Master's degree in accounting in addition to courses to support other programs in the School.
The Robert B. Willumstad School of Business is accredited by AACSB-International. The successful applicant must be Scholarly Academic and maintain that status.
Title Position Reports To: Dean of the School of Business
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Faculty members teach 18 credits (6 courses) annually.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in accounting.
- Teaching assignments can occur at any of the University's sites, including in Manhattan, at off-campus corporate locations, on weekends, and in various modalities (including virtual).
- Conducting and publishing peer reviewed research in the candidate's academic discipline/teaching areas.
- Providing service to the department, school, university, and community.
- Must possess a PhD or DBA in accounting from an accredited university. Candidates who are ABD and expect to complete their degree by August 2021 are eligible to apply.
- University teaching experience is preferred.
- Active CPA license and experience working for a CPA firm are desirable.
- Applications should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and contact information (name, affiliation, phone number and email address) of three references.
- Applications must be submitted through the Adelphi website only.
- Adelphi University is committed to being a model of diversity and inclusion and hence welcomes applications from historically under-represented groups.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
The mission of the Robert B. Willumstad School of Business is to prepare a diverse student body to be data-driven, socially responsible, and resilient leaders. We do this through an experience-based and integrated curriculum delivered by a student-centered faculty committed to excellence both within and outside the classroom. To that end, the School is committed to have a diverse and inclusive faculty and thus especially invites applications from women, underrepresented, and historically disadvantaged groups.
- Back Share
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=43&rid=2488