Assistant Professor - Management
Assistant Professor - Tenure Track
Robert B. Willumstad School of Business
The Robert B. Willumstad School of Business Department of Management invites applications for an Assistant Professor tenure-track faculty position to start in August 2021. We seek candidates who will teach courses in human resource management at both the undergraduate and Master's level, as well as other management related courses (such as leadership and human resource analytics). The Robert B. Willumstad School of Business is accredited by AACSB-International. The successful candidate must be Scholarly Academic and maintain that status through an active research agenda. Filling this position is subject to final approval by the University's Board of Trustees.
Title Position Reports To: Dean, School of Business
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Faculty members teach 18 credits (6 courses) annually.
- Teaching assignments can occur at any of the University's sites, including in Manhattan, at off-campus corporate locations, on evenings, daytime hours and/or weekends, in face-to-face and on-line/virtual formats.
- Conducting and publishing peer reviewed research in the candidate's academic discipline/teaching.
- Providing service to the department, school, university, and community.
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. or D.B.A. in Management/Business Administration or related field from an accredited University.
- ABD status with completion expected by August 2021 will be considered.
- Ability and willingness to teach or/and experience with HR Analytics strongly desirable.
- Teaching experience and corporate experience are desirable.
- Applications should include a letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for three references.
- Applications are made through the University's portal.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
The mission of the Robert B. Willumstad School of Business is to prepare a diverse student body to be data-driven, socially responsible, and resilient leaders. We do this through an experience-based and integrated curriculum delivered by a student-centered faculty committed to excellence both within and outside the classroom. To that end, the School is committed to have a diverse and inclusive faculty and thus especially invites applications from women, underrepresented, and historically disadvantaged groups.
- Back Share
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=43&rid=2487