Dean of the College of Business
Central State University (CSU) is a public land grant institution located in Wilberforce, Ohio. CSU seeks an established leader and innovator to serve as Dean of the College of Business. This is an opportunity to lead a highly successful college that will contribute to the goal of becoming a distinguished university. The College of Business is comprised of two programs: Accounting and Business Administration. The degree in Business Administration program has eight concentrations: Agribusiness, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Hospitality Management, International Business, Management, Management Information Systems, and Marketing. Agribusiness is the newest concentration and focused recruitment effort is needed. Additionally, an online Master of Business degree will be inaugurated in 2021 and the program will require strategic marketing.
The Dean reports to the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs and will work closely with the Deans’ Council, administrative, and fiscal units. The Dean of the College of Business ensures and is accountable for the quality of the academic programs and faculty within the college. The Dean is responsible for aligning the priorities of the College of Business with those of the university. The selected dean must value interacting with students, faculty, and administration with different backgrounds and points of view. The selected individual must have a profound understanding and respect for academic values and culture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide administrative, academic, and leadership for the
College of Business.
• Enhance the visibility, enrollment, and resources offered by the university and the College of Business by cultivating relationships with local, regional, and national constituents and stakeholders.
• Facilitate experiential learning opportunities in the community, including student internships and workshops.
• Represent the college on committees of the university as well as develop and strengthen partnerships with academic programs across the campus.
• Supervise and evaluate staff within the college which includes recruitment, evaluation, development, promotion, and retention of high-quality faculty and staff.
• Foster an atmosphere of collegiality and maintain relationships with the College of Business’ professional advisory board.
• Oversee the college operating budget, control expenditures, and various revenue streams.
• Develop a plan utilizing data analytics for increasing student enrollment and diversify revenue streams and increasing the financial resources through major gift procurement, fundraising and development activities.
• Oversee faculty load within the college, including full-time and adjunct professors.
• Experience with accreditation standards and processes.
Candidates must have an earned doctorate in a discipline offered within the College of Business, or a related field, from a regionally accredited university to qualify for the rank of Professor or Associate Professor. Also required, experience in higher education and experience as an administrator, with demonstrated expertise in managing the financial, academic, and research activity of a business program and the qualifications commensurate with rank of professor. Evidential experience of successful university teaching and research work appropriate to the academic mission of the College of Business and its departments and Central State University. Successful experience in fundraising is desirable and experience with maintaining accreditation and at least four (4) years at the department chair level.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application and Nomination Process: Confidential inquiries are welcomed and nominations are invited.
To Apply: Applications must include: (1) a letter of interest; (2) a current curriculum vitae; and (3) at least three references with full contact and email information. (References will not be contacted without the applicant’s consent.)
Submission Date: February 1, 2021, for best consideration. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Special Instructions to Applicant: Final candidates are subject to criminal and sex offender background checks. Central State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Central State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking candidates committed to working in a diverse environment.