Associate Vice Chancellor Campus Living
East Carolina University
Associate Vice Chancellor Campus
Vacancy #: 922001
Recruitment Range: Commensurate with Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Division of Student Affairs actively supports the University’s missions of education, research, and service by providing comprehensive programs and services to assist each student in developing intellectually, socially, morally, and culturally. The Division anticipates students’ developmental needs throughout their collegiate experiences and promotes students development by fostering a community of learning, which encourages individual student involvement and participation. The Division of Student Affairs provides a broad range of support services, activities, and programs that seek to: Assist students in developing respect and appreciation for individual differences, interpersonal civility, and human rights. Enhance the learning environment, facilitate retention, and optimize the student experience. Accommodate the diverse needs of all students. Support a community environment that is welcoming, safe, and secure. Assist students in meeting their basic needs for housing, nutrition, and physical and emotional well-being. Provide the means for students to become active participants and leaders in their own learning. Assist students in developing logical thought processes and sound decision-making skills. Assist students in developing an appreciation of the arts.
Moreover, the division seeks to contribute to the development of the whole individual by fostering in each student a deeper appreciation of the importance of life-long learning, individual responsibility, and human diversity. Through collaboration, the division provides programs and services that are grounded in theory, assessment, and sound practice.
The Associate Vice Chancellor for Campus Living has responsibility for the department of Campus Living, which provides service, facilities, and programs for approximately 5,800 residents living on campus. The Associate Vice Chancellor also is responsible for the supervision of Dining Services and Transit.
The Associate Vice Chancellor for Campus Living reports to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs. The position is a Senior Administrative Officer as defined by the Board of Governors in the Division of Student Affairs and is a member of the Vice Chancellor’s Executive Council. The Associate Vice Chancellor works jointly with the divisional Executive Council in assisting with the achievement of the University’s mission, vision, and values. This Executive Council also provides leadership, vision and strategic direction for the Division of Student Affairs. As a team member, the Associate Vice Chancellor will assist the Vice Chancellor in planning, policymaking, and implementing division-wide and campus initiatives.
The Associate Vice Chancellor for Campus Living supervises and provides administrative leadership and oversight of 44 permanent full-time employees for the departments of Campus Living, Dining Services, and Transit and focuses on providing quality student services and programs that support the objectives of the Division of Student Affairs. This position directly supervises the Director of Residence Life, Campus Living Business Officer, Director of Dining Services, Director of Housing Operations and the Director of Transit. The Associate Vice Chancellor also co-supervises one Campus Operations Engineer with Campus Operations.
The position functions as the Chief Housing Officer for the University with overall management responsibility of the comprehensive housing program in the areas of contracting/assignments, marketing, Residential Computing Network, conference, administration, facility management, residence life, activities, staff development and training, programming, fiscal management, judicial affairs, and human resources management.
The position functions as the Chief Dining Services Officer of the University with overall management responsibility of the Dining Services program in the areas of programming, activities, physical plant, budgeting, and personnel.
The Associate Vice Chancellor will represent the Division of Student Affairs on University committees as needed.
- A Master’s degree from an accredited institution in field related to Student Affairs is required. At least ten years of progressive administrative responsibility in one or more of the areas assigned to this position to include a minimum of five years at the director’s level. Demonstrated ability to supervise and develop a staff of professionals, support staff, and students.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in the development and articulation of the university student services programs rooted in a philosophy of student educational growth and development. Demonstrated experience with fiscal management, facilities management, student programming and activities, budget planning, fiscal operating systems, and marketing. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, staff, and faculty, especially including active collaboration with senior university administrators and appropriate community and business personnel. Demonstrated ability in team based management systems.
- A knowledge of and/or experience with public-private partnerships and successful Living/Learning programs. Experience with assessing one or more of the areas assigned to this position.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
- Experience managing Transit Programs. Experience managing Dining Services
Special Instructions to Applicant
- In order to be considered for the position, all applicants are required to submit online a letter of interest, a current resume/vita, and a list of three (3) references including contact information.
- Additionally, original official transcripts, a criminal background check, and two (2) signed letters of reference will be required upon offer of employment. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire.
- East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university’s diversity goal, Student Affairs strongly encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.
Additional Instructions to
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 922001 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/39890
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Greenville
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Greenville
- Residence Life Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Greenville
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Greenville